+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

I got through just fine. I think you do have to use the same user name as your cable account, or at least I did. I tried to create an account and it said they already HAD one in their system with that name. Then I went back to the front page and was able to log in using my Comcast information.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I didn't know HBO GO existed until I read your post, Critical. Wow! I can watch all my favorite series, and choose which episodes I want to see.
    Sometimes, going to paperless billing leaves you out of the info loop.

Thanks!
    Poppy, I am all paperless with Cox Cable but they sent me an email as well as a postcard regarding HBO GO! It's awesome!

It's Sunday FORT fans and that means GOT!
    KAREN

For those who are interested there are some really good recaps of the show on EW.They're written by a guy called James Hibberd and his recaps are informative(he's read the books so he gives some information without spoiling anything)and funny.
    Eg: Regarding Samwell Tarley "Sam confesses he's a coward,which is pretty much the worst thing you can say about yourself in Westeros(one suspects "I slept with my sister" doesn't even make the top 10"
    Love it!
    Last edited by princessKIM; 05-22-2011 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Didn't finish

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    I heard that people are having problems signing up for HBO go (mostly Dish Network subscribers). Anyone else have any issues with it?
    I have issues. I've tried for a week to get in, and it just doesn't load. I'm on FF. Maybe that's an issue?

Crown of Gold was all I expected it to be. Very well done!

Okay, I take it back. I AM having problems with HBO Go. I got next week's episode up and running and then made the mistake of pausing for a few minutes. When I hit play, it didn't. Then I tried to reload and it's just not working. I suspect the site is being hit hard by people wanting to watch the episode, so I'll try later.....or tomorrow....or next week

I tried it in FF and had problems, but it's not any better with Chrome. I won't try it with IE, since it's a crappy browser and usually the slowest of the three.

As for tonight's episode, I found Viserys's crowning very satisfying.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post

Crown of Gold was all I expected it to be. Very well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post

As for tonight's episode, I found Viserys's crowning very satisfying.
    Indeed, very well done! And so is Viserys', done!

I am still loving Peter Dinklage. Just reading his bio on wiki and had NO IDEA he is American from Jersey … I thought for sure he was British!!! EMMY-worthy for sure!!!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Okay, I take it back. I AM having problems with HBO Go.
    Finally got it to work last night after midnight! It was really good, but now I have to wait TWO weeks for a new episode.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

We had trouble getting in, so I went to bed and played it around lunchtime.

I'm sure I sound like a broken record but I'm really loving this show!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Love this show. Really need to pick up the books. I'm especially obsessed over Peter Dinklage. Have loved him since the movie Station Agent. Cannot wait to see how his storyline progresses.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Kao

I enjoyed this week's episode more than I care to admit, lol. Cersei doesn't even TRY to make her lies believable! And everything about the Eyrie is fantastic.

Of course, the "crowning" was the icing on the cake. Love how Drogo says everything he wants to without saying a word.

+ Reply to Thread