+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 87 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

FORT Newbie

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    totally agree Crit. All I kept thinking with Lysa is "that's got to be a prosthetic" now Catelyn is between a rock and a hard place and I must read ahead because I dont think I can last the week without knowing what happens to Ned next. All these kings and their temper tantrums make me sick.
    But Richard yelling at his squire to go find the breast plate stretcher was hilarious.
    Yeah I know that Lysa nurses the kid in the book was I was SHOCKED to see it on the show. As a parent there is no way I would want my child acting in a scene like that. I hope it was a prosthetic!

Kao

It was definitely a prosthetic; Nicholaj (the actor who plays Jaime) mentioned it in an interview and he was seriously creeped out about it. I LOVED the dress she was wearing in that scene, and Cat and Tyrion's facial expressions were priceless; you could totally see then thinking "Am I actually seeing...what I THINK I'm seeing?"

Poor Lancel. He is basically Robert's whipping boy and his crooked wig makes every scene he's in super funny!

I didn't think they would actually show Renly and Loras not-so-secret love affair but they did! Their relationship was like a running gag in the books; lord knows GRRM dropped enough subtle (and not so subtle) hints about it!

I was reading the production notes section of the official site and found this from Conan Stevens, who plays the Mountain, in the comments to the blog:
    I liked the horse dying - I lost a big toenail to that horse during filming, he deserved more.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    It was definitely a prosthetic; Nicholaj (the actor who plays Jaime) mentioned it in an interview and he was seriously creeped out about it. I LOVED the dress she was wearing in that scene, and Cat and Tyrion's facial expressions were priceless; you could totally see then thinking "Am I actually seeing...what I THINK I'm seeing?"

Poor Lancel. He is basically Robert's whipping boy and his crooked wig makes every scene he's in super funny!

I didn't think they would actually show Renly and Loras not-so-secret love affair but they did! Their relationship was like a running gag in the books; lord knows GRRM dropped enough subtle (and not so subtle) hints about it!
    Thank goodness!

I found the breast feeding/prosthetic breast fuss pretty funny. I read some hilariously "pearl clutching" comments on another site from people who sounded like they were ready to call CPS on HBO. As if they'd have a young boy actually do that on camera.

Is anyone else signed up for HBO Go to watch episode 7 a week early? I just signed up and I'm excited, but then I'll be waiting TWO weeks for a new episode! I can't decide which is worse! I browsed around the site and it's pretty cool. They seem to have ALL episodes of every HBO series, which means I'll likely be having a Rome marathon pretty soon!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I found the breast feeding/prosthetic breast fuss pretty funny. I read some hilariously "pearl clutching" comments on another site from people who sounded like they were ready to call CPS on HBO. As if they'd have a young boy actually do that on camera.

Is anyone else signed up for HBO Go to watch episode 7 a week early? I just signed up and I'm excited, but then I'll be waiting TWO weeks for a new episode! I can't decide which is worse! I browsed around the site and it's pretty cool. They seem to have ALL episodes of every HBO series, which means I'll likely be having a Rome marathon pretty soon!
    I guess it's a good thing they upped the age for the girls a bit for the show or those people would REALLY be in a tizzy. Mr. CSW just started reading the book and was shocked when he read Daenerys was only 13...but that's the one thing GRRM has said he would've changed if he were to go back so I guess that makes it okay. (?)

We've got HBO Go and are debating the same thing - at first we thought it was just like a 15 min preview but to see the whole epi!?! I'm sure we'll probably watch. What we're REALLY waiting for is when the season is complete and we can do a marathon of them all at once.

Aside - HBO Go is the coolest thing! I've watched movies while getting my haircut, while waiting to pick my kids up from school, and we're looking forward to watching TrueBlood while we're away on vacation. Love it!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    I guess it's a good thing they upped the age for the girls a bit for the show or those people would REALLY be in a tizzy. Mr. CSW just started reading the book and was shocked when he read Daenerys was only 13...but that's the one thing GRRM has said he would've changed if he were to go back so I guess that makes it okay. (?)

We've got HBO Go and are debating the same thing - at first we thought it was just like a 15 min preview but to see the whole epi!?! I'm sure we'll probably watch. What we're REALLY waiting for is when the season is complete and we can do a marathon of them all at once.

Aside - HBO Go is the coolest thing! I've watched movies while getting my haircut, while waiting to pick my kids up from school, and we're looking forward to watching TrueBlood while we're away on vacation. Love it!
    I was thinking the same thing as I read the book! While it IS about another world, THIS world's sensibilities do come into it.

I'll probably watch ep. 7 on HBO Go and then be annoyed with myself the next week when I'm not seeing the new episode for the first time!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I didn't know HBO GO existed until I read your post, Critical. Wow! I can watch all my favorite series, and choose which episodes I want to see.
    Sometimes, going to paperless billing leaves you out of the info loop.

Thanks!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I'm paperless too. I just know about it because of all the promos on HBO before and after every episode of GOT.....and practically everything else lately! Apparently, you can get it for mobile devices too.

Kao

I heard that people are having problems signing up for HBO go (mostly Dish Network subscribers). Anyone else have any issues with it?

+ Reply to Thread