+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sanctuary (SyFy)

Re: Sanctuary (SyFy)

There will be episodes of Sanctuary on Dec 9th, 16th and 23rd and yes they are back on Friday nights at 10pm.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Season finale is on tonight.

Just watched the season finale, I liked how it ended with a new Sanctuary created under the old one and it looks like with some Praxis technology.

As a bit of a side note, all of Sanctuary is created using CGI and they managed to produce 3 seasons and they don't scream cost, cost, cost like Terra Nova on Fox does. I think by now everyone knows that the execs at SyFy are cheat bastards so if they can have a heavy CGI series on their network for 3 seasons why can't FOX do the same for Terra Nova?
    Florimel likes this.

Wow, sad news Sanctuary has been canceled after 4 seasons. Thank you SyFy channel for NOT telling the viewers.

GateWorld Sanctuary cancelled after four seasons

Sanctuary cancelled after four seasons

Monday - May 21, 2012

Category: FAVORITES | Tags: Amanda Tapping, Sanctuary

by Darren
    Sanctuary - Season 1 Cast

Syfy Channel won’t bring back Sanctuary for a fifth season, the network confirmed today.

“We’re honored to have been part of this incredible series,” Mark Stern, Syfy’s President of Original Content, told The Hollywood Reporter. “In addition to garnering unmatched devotion by fans worldwide, Sanctuary was a bona fide trailblazer, setting new standards with its highly innovative production techniques — including pioneering green screen and RED camera technology — and Emmy-nominated visual effects.”

Sanctuary began in 2007 as a privately-funded, limited run Web series before being picked up by Syfy in 2008.

Season Four concluded in December and, with no immediate pick-up, the cast and crew have begun work on other projects. Executive producer and series star Amanda Tapping is currently directing for the new series Primeval: New World, which also has Sanctuary‘s Martin Wood on board as a series producer and director.

Series creator Damian Kindler is writing a Universal Soldier television pilot (story), and co-star Christopher Heyerdahl (“John Druitt,” “Bigfoot”) has booked a recurring role on HBO’s True Blood, starting next month (story).

“To all the fans of @SanctuarySeries we love and adore you,” Tapping wrote on Twitter today. “Thank you for the love and support. Now to the long dark tea time of my soul.”

Tapping and Wood recently spoke candidly with GateWorld about the show’s uncertain renewal prospects, as well as their frustration over being moved to Monday nights last year. After a ratings free-fall of more than 40 percent, Syfy moved the show back to the post-wrestling time slot for what would be its final season. Season Four averaged 1.26 million viewers over 13 episodes last fall.

Listen to the full interview here.

Sanctuary‘s place on the fall schedule will be filled by the third season of Haven, bumped back from its usual place on the summer schedule. Syfy has a number of scripted dramas in development, including Defiance and Rewind.

They announced it a few weeks ago. Maybe it was around the time that the show would have gone back into production on another season, so that's why they made the announcement when they did I'm not surprised. The show had gone downhill over the last season.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234