+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sanctuary (SyFy)

Re: Sanctuary (SyFy)

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4110835;
    The way I understand it was the webisodes were so successful they were then shown on TV as season 1 and part of season 2. But I'm not going to nitpick. I just find it interesting how the upper ups in the SyFy offices give shows like Sanctuary a chance to grow yet kill off Farscape and Caprica.
    I adored Farscape and I do own it on DVD. It was one of the best shows ever at combining humor with action. Those pop culture references by Crichton were often hysterically funny. Great cast, too, and not until I read the credits carefully did I realize that Lani Tupu voiced Pilot as well as playing Crais.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Thank you Sanctuary for having an episode on Friday after Turkey Day.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Okay, for those few () who are interested, Hulu actually does have the webisodes. They combined the eight 15-minute webisodes and made two hour-long episodes. Here's the first of two: Hulu - Sanctuary: The Lost Webisodes, Part 1

I'm still surprised that Amanda Tapping isn't British. Her accent is really good. Plus, I can't believe Druitt and Big Guy are the same actor. I guess we never do see them in a scene together, but I never would have guessed.

I just finished watching season 2 and am on to season 3! I'm going to be kind of bummed when I have to wait for new episodes.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well, she actually was born in England, but moved to Canada at age 3. If her parents are British, she may have retained the accent. I think perhaps it comes more naturally to her than her American accent in Stargate, but I'm just guessing.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;4119028;
    Well, she actually was born in England, but moved to Canada at age 3. If her parents are British, she may have retained the accent. I think perhaps it comes more naturally to her than her American accent in Stargate, but I'm just guessing.
    Ah, that makes sense. It's sort of like John Barrowman, who was born in Scotland, but moved to the states when he was young. Although his regular speaking voice is American, he can do a totally authentic Scottish brogue.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

This show has been picked up for a 4th season. Filming to begin soon, air date sometime this fall.

April 15, 2011 - new episodes have starting airing at 10pm.

I was so excited to finally see a new episode! That was WAY too long to wait.

What I am really enjoying is that there are series that are starting now or in May/June that will run the summer. I am looking forward to seeing SyFy's Alphas. It looks very promising.

Does anyone else sometimes finds Magnus's character so pompous and all knowing and superior that they want to slap her? I know I do.

What happened to Magnus's daughter ? I've been watching the reruns and haven't found the episode that she disappears.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast