+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CONAN O'Brien

CONAN O'Brien

CONAN premiers on TBS on Monday, November 8th, @11pm!!!
    KAREN

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: CONAN O'Brien

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4098328;
    CONAN premiers on TBS on Monday, November 8th, @11pm!!!

Unfortunately, I won't be awake for it.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

While I can understand NBC's choice, given they're fourth in the ratings most of the time, I do think they gave Conan an unfair shake:

1. Leno DIDN'T want to do show on NBC so Conan had a fair chance. NBC said, "No, you're with us, so you have to do something." The network didn't give Conan a fair shot IMHO.

2. Conan had every right to stand up for his right to host the show at the proper time slot. If the roles were reversed, I bet Leno wouldn't have budged either.

3. Conan actually is funny, and I think he was funnier when he had to stay cleaner. Unfortunately, NBC was so enamored with longevity and people not wanting to accept change, they crumbled and Conan got canned.

Personally, I find Conan's humor mostly refreshing - his little snippets he did about getting to know California, finding things that are not commonly known about the city, and doing things like trying stunt double work refreshing.

He also was the one I think who started the Octogenerian craze - he had Abe Vigoda on there for a very long time. Sadly, everyone thinks Leno started it with Betty White (never mind that Vigoda is also in the Snickers commercial that White is now infamous for. BTW, I do love watching Betty too, but making a point here).

I'll try and see the show Monday and during the week. The worst that can happen is no one comes and watches and he's gone. I hope not though - he deserves a fair chance to do this on his own without having to deal with Leno's spotlight - before or after.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4098879;
    While I can understand NBC's choice, given they're fourth in the ratings most of the time, I do think they gave Conan an unfair shake:

1. Leno DIDN'T want to do show on NBC so Conan had a fair chance. NBC said, "No, you're with us, so you have to do something." The network didn't give Conan a fair shot IMHO.

2. Conan had every right to stand up for his right to host the show at the proper time slot. If the roles were reversed, I bet Leno wouldn't have budged either.

3. Conan actually is funny, and I think he was funnier when he had to stay cleaner. Unfortunately, NBC was so enamored with longevity and people not wanting to accept change, they crumbled and Conan got canned.

Personally, I find Conan's humor mostly refreshing - his little snippets he did about getting to know California, finding things that are not commonly known about the city, and doing things like trying stunt double work refreshing.

He also was the one I think who started the Octogenerian craze - he had Abe Vigoda on there for a very long time. Sadly, everyone thinks Leno started it with Betty White (never mind that Vigoda is also in the Snickers commercial that White is now infamous for. BTW, I do love watching Betty too, but making a point here).

I'll try and see the show Monday and during the week. The worst that can happen is no one comes and watches and he's gone. I hope not though - he deserves a fair chance to do this on his own without having to deal with Leno's spotlight - before or after.

CONAN's first guests will be Seth Rogen and Jack Black!

I like that it will also be on at 11pm.
    KAREN

TONIGHT!!!
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread