+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: The Talk

The Talk

Is anyone watching this show?

I stopped watching The View ages ago and when I heard about this, I figured I'd see what it is all about. I have to say that I'm enjoying it. I really thought Leah would irritate me but she's really quite funny (although I can see her being annoying at times) and Julie Chen (OMG) has a personality! She really shines on this show and she has a pretty good sense of humor. Sharon is a doll, Sarah is pretty quiet but when she does speak, she really has some good insight and Holly ...well, I haven't made up my mind about her yet. Merissa is a correspondent, I think. She's not on the daily panel.

They had JLo on yesterday and she was actually pretty great. If her interview is any indication of how she'll be on Idol, I think I'm really going to like her.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Re: The Talk

Ii wish Sarah would speak up more, she's the one I'm most interested to hear from.
    I like the chemistry between the panel and like the way Julie takes the lead because she's very professional. I could do without Leah though, she's too loud and I can't help but think she's a bit of a moron after her reaction to children using the correct names for their private parts. Reminded me too much of Sherri Shepherd who doesn't think her son at 5 is old enough to even know the correct name let alone use it.

I like it enough to continue watching for now.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I have it recorded but haven't had the chance to watch it yet. I have high hopes for it.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I think it's getting a bit more like The View with each passing day.
    They did a version of "Hot Topics" at the beginning of the show today and mentioned one of the topics covered on The View, which is to be expected.

I like the vibe of this show though. Much more relaxed and if they were to tell me they all "love each other" I'd actually believe them, which I don't when Babs says the same about the co-hosts of The View.
    They really haven't touched politics yet.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4088262;
    They really haven't touched politics yet.
    That will be the real test. Hopefully they can discuss politics openly without any animosity. I like to hear what both sides think, and it makes it hard when one side is screaming that the other is awful because they think differently. "Democrats hate the US" and "Republicans eat babies" type of comments is what drives me off of politics.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;4088278;
    That will be the real test. Hopefully they can discuss politics openly without any animosity. I like to hear what both sides think, and it makes it hard when one side is screaming that the other is awful because they think differently. "Democrats hate the US" and "Republicans eat babies" type of comments is what drives me off of politics.
    Exactly.
    I'm very firm in my beliefs, but I'm not opposed to hearing the opposing opinion, quite the opposite in fact.
    I think most people welcome hearing from all sides of a debate, but I'm with you, dagwood, it needs to be done in a respectful way.
    I think that's where they fall woefully short on The View.
    Blanket statements are never helpful. Most people see shades of grey even when they do identify more strongly with a particular party.

The View has devolved into "armed" camps and there's very little discussion, just shouting. They need to wipe the slate clean and get a whle new panel, imo, because I don't think replacing one or two people will go far enough to change the culture there. I do see some promise among this panel, even though the show is in its fledgling stage.
    I haven't been overly interested in any of the guests they've had on so far though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

I am absolutely loving this show. I schedule time each day to watch. I loved that when Leah gave each woman a personalized pan, Julie's said "Chenbot"

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV;4088365;
    I am absolutely loving this show. I schedule time each day to watch. I loved that when Leah gave each woman a personalized pan, Julie's said "Chenbot"
    I really liked those pans.
    I love Julie's sense of humour about the whole Chenbot thing.

I need Leah to dial it down a little and I think she'll try to. She said today that she'd heard that she shouldn't be so loud.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Leah does need to dial it down a notch, and I think she seemed a little less boisterous today. She is quite funny, though. And I agree....the little ones do need to know the correct names of genitals. You can give them nicknames, but at least give them the correct info along with it.

The women are all so different, but they mesh really well. If they can keep up that aspect, I think the show will succeed.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I'm going to see it tomorrow at the taping.
    We're hoping they give the audience members some good gifts, like they do on the View.
    I only got to see it once the other night. I agree that Julie is good as the host.
    I hope they don't get into the usual shouting matches like they do on the View. That's getting real old.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast