+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: The Talk

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: The Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Kris may seem to be nice on the show, but she is dangerous IMO. I have watched a fair amount of their shows in the past. Now, I don't. It's too upsetting, but from what I saw, she was terribly abusive to Bruce. She runs the show and he follows her direction like a puppy dog. He gets little if any respect from her or the kids. They will have an episode or two in which they try to make amends and be nice to him, but basically, he's a puppet for that woman.

Kris would throw fits on the show about how dangerous Scott was, (Kourtney's baby daddy), and beg her daughter to stay away from him. There were huge scenes where the man acted like a drunken jerk and he did appear dangerous. He would scream, assault strangers, bash in doors while Kourtney held the baby on the other side, etc. Kourtney has said repeatedly that he has an alcohol and temper problem. All of this is played out on their show. HOWEVER, in real life Kris would be seen the next week after one of the episodes smiling with Scott and talking about what a great dad he is!!!!!! Then when questioned, she would say the show was REAL, not stagged. So which is it Kris? Either way, she is a liar. Shame on a mom and grandmom who puts a child in danger or even pretends to put the child in danger for her tv show. I honestly don't think there is anything she wouldn't do. It would not surprise me at all if she allowed her 15 year-old to pose in any way any photographer would pose her and not get arrested. She's clueless.

Don't get me started on the lying the family does on their show to each other and the verbal abuse they hurl at all family members. I can't imagine talking to anyone the way they do to each other and then think it's no big deal. It's trashy and disrespectful, but they don't get it, even a little bit. The fake talk is sickening.

Well, I guess that covers my editorial on the Jenner/Kardashian bunch. There are not many people that I dislike, but they are at the top of my list.
    TOTALLY agree with you Debb, especially about how Kris is, as a mom --- and also about the way the whole family disrespects each other, and especially poor Bruce. That's why I was so surprised that I enjoyed Kris on The Talk. At first I didn't think that made any sense, but now I think I know why --- and it's because, in spite of making really poor choices as a mom --- she IS a fun 'girlfriend' --- and on The Talk, as one of the 'girlfriend' panelists, she was a lot of fun. Yes, Kris can be fun and cute and silly and have some valid views on all the issues discussed on the show, but as a mom, she is in so much competition with her daughters, and so self-involved and narcissistic, and she shows such bad judgment when she 'pimps out' her daughters --- that you almost want to do an intervention.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 10-08-2011 at 06:10 AM.
    norealityhere and Debb70 like this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Did anyone catch the season 3 premiere with the women sans make up and hair? I thought they all looked great, especially Aisha. Sheryl was kinda scary looking but Aisha looked just as good without makeup. Loved that all the guests~~Katherine Kelly Lang, Michelle Stafford, Melody Thomas Scott and Jamie Lee Curtis also showed up with no make up.

Loved that they all felt "so free" without all the work. Once you get to a certain age, it really doesn't matter what you look like and I've found the same thing. I just don't give a crap anymore what others think. It's a wonderful feeling.

I really prefer this show over The View. I also got to watch their Monday show but it was the same crap as before. Barbara babbling on, asking questions but not letting them finish their answers. It's almost like the other co-hosts don't even need to be there during the interviewing of guests, as Barbara's questions always trump the others.

Julie Chen asks a question and all of the co-hosts give concise answers and they go into another question. Everyone gets to voice their opinion and there is rarely talking over each other. That is so refreshing!
    Shoepie, jeaninelaurie and Debb70 like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Julie Chen looked much younger. She seemed like a whole other person.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Oh I so wanted to see the show but here in California it was premepted by the US OPEN.
    KAREN

I didn't see the premiere but I really like this show much better than The View. I caught a couple reruns this summer. I like how well the ladies get along, they just seem to have a ton more fun. The only time I watch The View is if it's on after the previous show, or happens to be on that channel when I turn the tv on. This show I purposely turned it to watch. It was not an accident to watch it, other than the first time which is when I realized how much I liked it.

FORT Fogey

I prefer The Talk, too. I would like to see Sheryl replaced, however. I do not find her funny or enjoyable at all.

I am watching the no make up episode now. I think Sharon has a little bit of foundation on. Her face is way too flawless for her age, even given her surgeries.

Jamie Lee definately has foundation on!! Maybe they all do.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 09-12-2012 at 10:18 AM.

I prefer The Talk. It doesn't have Barbara Walters on it, and they allow one another to speak( most of the time)
    Shoepie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    Julie Chen looked much younger. She seemed like a whole other person.
    It would be nifty to see her dress down and wear minimal make up. I think BB should have a 'casual Thursday.' She does need some eye make up but not as much as she usually wears. Jeans, t-shirt and a pony tail!

I have never worn lots of makeup, but a few years ago, decreased it even more. It's such a relief to not have to worry about it. For special ocassions I will wear more for a more polished look, but not for everyday. Most people can't even tell. AND every man in my life would tell me that he thought I looked much better without makeup. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have never worn lots of makeup, but a few years ago, decreased it even more. It's such a relief to not have to worry about it. For special occasions I will wear more for a more polished look, but not for everyday. Most people can't even tell. AND every man in my life would tell me that he thought I looked much better without makeup. Go figure.
    I wear less every year. When I go out, something I once enjoyed I find a bit of a pain.
    The funny part is, when I do wear mascara, my friends will often say you have such big eyes, and I don't.
    Years ago I had a girlfriend that went to bed with her make up on, her husband never saw her without it. I do like my skin to look good, thats been my objective for the past year. Maybe hitting 60 did that.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread