+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: The Talk

Re: The Talk

I like this show alot better than the View. Can't stand any of the women on there. We got a look at the new hosts this week... Molly Shannon and Sheryl Underwood. Is it just me, or does this Sheyrl woman have the smallest hands you've ever seen? They remind me of that commercial where the guy cant eat his burger cause his hands are too small. I find myself staring at this woman's hands through the whole show!

Yeah, I'm not happy that Leah isn't going to be on anymore. She breathes life into the show.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

I watched Tuesday to see how they addressed Leah and Holly being gone, and to see how things were with a new group. I did not like it at all, and haven't watched it any day sense. First, I get that they didn't really want to get in to "we fired two people, because the host who is married to the head guy didn't like them" is an akward conversation ... and one that Sharon probably wouldn't have played nice in. But to not address a new cast at all seemed akward. It made me mad because the show all along has been about forming a bond with the audience, and it felt kind of insulting to treat it like they made a major change, but we weren't bonded enough to have anything said to us. And I also didn't like how akward things were with the new people. The show became about them. I was impressed when it started last year that the women had alll obviously spent a lot of time with each other and built friendships befoe the show started. I didn't get that feeling at all watching on Tuesday.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I liked The Talk last year, and I didn't dislike Leah or Holly, but I found that I wasn't really interested in anything they had to contribute --- whereas I always liked and enjoyed Julie, Sara, and Sharon and was always interested to hear what was going on in their lives, and their opinions on issues. So I'm very happy to see Julie, Sara, and Sharon back again this year (even though Sharon will only be part time). I had never seen Cheryl or Molly before, and so far I think that Cheryl is hysterically funny --- she totally cracks me up --- and Molly is, well, kind of weird and goofy (but not in a good way) -- and I really don't enjoy her, but I'm hoping she'll grow on me.

I don't understand why so many people seem to dislike Julie so much. Yes, I know she's married to the head of CBS but so what? She is incredibly accomplished in her own right. She's smart, educated, accomplished, beautiful, highly successful, and I think she's charming and delightful. I always liked her as a news correspondant, and then when she started hosting Big Brother, and now on The Talk. But people seem to always be dissing her. I know there's usually one of the cast members on most shows who are the ones with the most say-so or control -- and on The Talk there's actually two, because Sara (not Julie) is one of the Executive Producers of the show, and Julie has her own clout. But why do people assume that just because she's married to the CBS prez, that she abuses her position?
    Debb70 likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

See, I'm just the opposite. Have no regard for Julie (self-absorbed and rubs me the wrong way) Sharon, although I don't dislike her, grates on my nerves most of the time and Sara just as well be invisible. I find she has nothing to contribute to the show and is basically a waste of space sitting there. On the other hand, both Holly and Leah had a lot to say and made the show interesting for me. Especially Leah - love that she speaks her mind. I will miss Holly's intelligent contributions to the show - if I even watch it anymore. I was already mild on the show to begin with, since it's nothing more than a blatant knock-off of The View, but even moreso now.

Imo, Leah WAS this show. Without her, it's pointless.
    norealityhere likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

For me, it's not an assumption that Julie abuses her power. I've drawn that conclusion based on articles I've read. The first I heard that Leah and Holly may be let go came from a report that talked about tension behind the scenes of the show, that came primarily from Les Moonves meddling in decisions that were being made in ways that would benefit Julie. Reportedly, he directed that the women not talk about the Casey Anthony case on days that Julie was not there, because Julie thought Leah was too harsh on her, and they thought Julie needed to be there to balance her out. I think a woman (or a man) can work at the same company that his or her husband runs, and earn their way and accomplish things on their own with no problem. But I've heard too many reports over the years of Les inserting himself in things on Julie's behalf to think that he's not meddling and that she's not benefitting from it.

I haven't watched the show enough to feel very strongly about the cast. From the times I have watched, I liked Sara, Sharon and Julie. I have read some ugly articles about Julie and the show and none of the ones I read quoted any source. Based on my observation of Julie over the years, I will not listen to that talk, (pardon the pun) unless there is more evidence. Anyone can make up a story. I do have friends and family who thought Leah was too over the top and never liked her. I think she would be good in small doses. And I recall at least one time that I watched that Casey Anthony was discussed, especially by Leah. And I agreed with her. LOL

I have read that Kate Gosselin and Kris Jenner will be guest host soon. I WILL NOT watch them! Don't even get me started. LOL
    tapper01 likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

One thing that I originally liked about The Talk was the fact that there was very little talking over each other and very little interrupting. They went around the table and everyone had their say. Plus they were very concise and didn't have long-winded statements/stories.

Leah could be very annoying and OTT with the other ladies, but she was also very unprofessional with guests. I didn't like how she'd slap people or interject her opinion and then laugh or smile as if what she said was done in jest. It didn't always come across that way. She is very over-bearing and a control-freak. Plus I can't respect a woman who admits that their child runs their life.

With that being said, I do not like the two newbies either. Molly is too long-winded and the hand gestures are just friggen annoying. Sheryl, ummm she thinks she is funny--I do not.

I just don't know why they changed things up so drastically. Apparently they had decent enough ratings and would need to grow into their new roles, so I don't understand the changes.

I love Sharon for her honesty, but I don't understand why she is taking so much time off. Yeah, I get that Ozzy has been on tour for awhile and wants to spend time with him. Geez, this show is on for an hour a day. How can that take so much time away from Ozzy. Unless she can't get up in the morning....hmmmm
    Debb70 likes this.

I didn't know that Leah said her child runs her life. I cannot stand that. It really annoys me. Why do people think that's a good thing for their kid? It creates bratty, self-entitled kids, who have no respect for others time and space. Who wants to be around a kid like that?

With Sharon it's difficult to say why she might be taking time off. You know Ozzy has his ups and downs with substance abuse. She may need to be around more because of that. Plus, if you don't need the money, why work a job out of the house? I don't get it. Especially if you are over 50 years old. I can see it if you are in your 20's-40's, but later in life don't you want to just enjoy and work with fund raising for charities and such. They must really like being on camera.

FORT Fogey

I think that the point you made about Sharon not needing to work is exactly why she's taking the time off. Ozzy has been on the road for a tour for a long time, so they haven't had a lot of extended time together. She doesn't NEED to work, so I would imagine she told them that she didn't want to come back, and they worked out a deal to give her time out. There were also reports that Sharon was fed up with the behind the scenes politics of the show, which may contribute. After the premiere, she did tweet about how much she missed Leah and Holly being there, which gave some credibility to the reports of her being unhappy.

+ Reply to Thread