+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: The Talk

Re: The Talk

I watched today's episode and yesterdays this afternoon. I'm pleased that they are focusing so much on bullying. It's a real issue that is very important. The 'former' bully they had on touched on something. He said if the kids he bullied had publically called him out, he would have stopped. That happened with my son. He finally got angry enough that he lashed out at the bully and that was the end of it. They ended up being really good friends shortly after.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I must admit that I'm surprised that nobody has called Judge Judy out, publicly, for what she said.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I really like the show. I just hate and I remember she did it on her show too. Sharon taking off her shoes and sitting on the couch barefoot, with one leg or both crossed under her. Just gross!!

I wonder if they make SG wear heels and dress girlie. I say this only from various pap pics I've seen of her out and about over the years. Totally not sterotyping!

It seems they are all good friends IRL. And respect each other and let them talk.

Leah was a bit loud, especially with her pan excitement but it seems she is more in control and not too over the top. But if that is how she is, then that is how she is.

After yesterday's show focused so heavily on bullying Julie promised to tell us today about the time, three years ago, that she was bullied.
    I have to admit we had a brief power cut during the show so I might have missed some crucial detail, but her tale of woe seemed to be about some bloke jabbing her with his note book when she was sending emails on her Blackberry while waiting for a press screening of Evan Almighty to start. Is she really that out of touch?
    Her story about childhood hardships involved telling us that her parents used to take a bag of instant coffee with them when they took her and her sisters to Disney World. Not exactly living on the breadline were you, Jules?
    "That's Numberwang!"

We were at the show the day Julie and the others shared stories about their backgrounds.
    She never described her background as being one of underprivilege. She just stated how her family fit the "Chinese" stereotype of the time and described what her mother did to stretch a dollar on the trip and be very frugal when the family was traveling.
    Julie is actually a very warm person in person.
    Of all the ladies in person, Leah is probably the warmest and nicest toward the audience. She comes over and shakes hands and hugs people. And involves the audience a lot.
    These ladies seem to get along quite well together. There really weren't any Diva moments. And, it was quite enjoyable to see women not screaming and shouting at one another.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Oh, ok, I guess I misunderstood what point she was trying to make.

I've really warmed to Julie over the years. I never watched The Early Show and only saw her on Big Brother where I found hr very dead and disinterested in the show in the early years.
    They've been playing old seasons back on the tv in Canada and you can see that she's warmed up over the years and seems to actually enjoy hosting the show now.
    I think she's great on The Talk. Very professional yet not all business.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I agree about Julie. Her sense of humor is also shining through. I didn't even know she had one, but she's actually quite funny.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I read that Melissa Rycroft-Strickland was on yesterday (wish I'd known). Did anyone see it and how did it go? I know the co-hosts presented her with pink and blue baby gifts and she accepted the pink ones, meaning she's preggo with a girl. TIA...
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I've only caught parts and pieces of the show so far, but I have to say I find it refreshing. They allow each other to have different ideas without demonizing any of the women or any of the other people they are discussing.

The disscussion, for instance, about what to call a childs "private parts", without feeling like they have to force everyone to their opinion. They happily agree to disagree, listen to each others points and don't end up bitter, nasty, jealous, raging women, but apparently are still able to respect and be friends with each other. What a concept!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;4093257;
    I read that Melissa Rycroft-Strickland was on yesterday (wish I'd known). Did anyone see it and how did it go? I know the co-hosts presented her with pink and blue baby gifts and she accepted the pink ones, meaning she's preggo with a girl. TIA...
    Here's what I remember. Julie thought she was going to have a boy. Sara went with her gut and said, girl. Leah, asked if her husband was a man whore or did she say slut? Anyway, Melissa knew her in-laws were watching but she said, he was. So, Leah guessed, girl because he was going to be punished for treating women like that or something. Then she revealed she is having a girl.

They then talked about what she is afraid of and she said not knowing what labor is going to be like because no one will tell her or can really explain it. They all went on about how horrible it is, poor Melissa. They scared her even more.

That's about all. It was pretty short. She looked lovely.

+ Reply to Thread