+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: The Talk

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Talk

I think Ernest T. Bass called that kind of woman his "mother figure"! I'll never understand a woman who wants to marry a man and have a parent-child relationship. That is just twisted. I knew a married guy who didn't even have a key to his own house. He got sick at work one day, and I was going to send him home until he told me that he did't have a key and that she was at work. I had to let him and his obvious fever crash out on the couch in the lounge....and spent my time going to check on him....like his MOTHER!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well, some women are doms. That's amazing that he had no key. What did he do when he wasn't sick, go home and sit on the porch if she wasn't home?

I don't like adult babies, either. Yeah, we all can get physically or emotionally overwhelmed with stuff that happens in life, but I'm talking about when it's a pattern 24 x 7.

I'm pretty open-minded and understand that there are all kinds of relationship models that work for others. But I'm happiest as equals with mutual agreement/negotiation on divvying up responsibilities. Yeah, compromises must be made. I expect to lean on someone else for certain things that they have more knowledge/expertise of or inclination to (bad grammar, I know) and vice versa. And all that has to shift sometimes due to circumstances so hopefully one's partner is flexible.

This reminds me of a neighbor who mentioned she'd been sick (sick enough to need to be in bed for a day or three). Later on in the convo she said she had to go fix dinner for him. I said "I thought the one who wasn't sick made dinner?". She said "It doesn't work that way". ! They both had full-time jobs at the time, too.

I may check in on this show if they adverstise an interesting guest. But I'm not a fan of Chenbot nor Sharon.
    Last edited by VelvetRed; 10-23-2010 at 01:35 PM.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

[QUOTE=prhoshay;4089350;]Dushku, if you have to work that hard to try to keep your man in line.....is it really worth it???

Glad to hear you had a good time, nrh! What gifts did you get?[/QUOTE]

A Shell gas card - $100
    22" Land's End carry on luggage ( I looked it up online and it's $200 )
    Jamie Lee Curtis' latest children's book.

Not too shabby.
    Dancing with the Stars gave us nothing.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Decent!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;4089357;
    Some men like women who are controlling, I guess. Or, at least, they put up with them. One of my college roommates married a guy who was extremely wuzzy and seemed reluctant to make a move unless she pre-approved it.
    I remember reading in the book "Girls Like Us" that James Taylor always wanted to date "strong" women, cuz he was incapable of making a decision himself.

Sounds like he should have stayed home with his mother.

Not a bad show today. Leah was a lot calmer and only really got exited when Judge Judy was on.
    Judy had me confused. As someone who was born and raised in the UK I don't know where she gets the idea after spending a holiday in the UK, that the British judicial system doesn't imprison people.
    That was a ridiculous comment and it looked like Sharon wanted to say something but thought better of it.
    Oh and Julie went for a ride on a camel, in the studio
    "That's Numberwang!"

Why do most of the women disappear when a guest comes on? I watched today, up through Judge Judy, and then I was through. I did think Judy was on thin ice when she commented on the British judicial system.

I generally think Judy talks a lot of sense, but that comment seemed so ridiculous and I don't really enjoy sweeping generalizations, even if they have some basis in fact.
    According to HMS Prison service figures there are over 85,000 people inprison in the UK, about 2000 below the operating capacity.
    There are some 2500+ on home curfew, but how is that any different that people in the US being on house arrest with an ankle monitor?

I don't usually leap to defend comments made about the UK, but I thought that was such a stupid thing to say. She made it sound as though people can commit crimes without fear of penalty by the legal system which is no more true of the UK than it is the US.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Didn't she even say, "They don't lock people up for anything over there!" Wow, Jude!

+ Reply to Thread