+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: The Talk

Re: The Talk

I was working and didn't pay too much attention, because they were first discussing Beyonce and her husband who have vowed to go vegan. There was a big deal about them going for his birthday vegan meal at this special restaurant. I think she may be following Beyonce's lead. lol I'll bring some laughs for the show and give Sheryl a lot of new material too. I can see Sara trying to help her.

FORT Fogey

Funny, I just realized that I had it recorded. I watched it and became distracted, too. I gather Beyonce is her motivating force along with Sara. I was a vegetarian for years in my 20s and that was easy. Vegan is a different story. It is labor intensive to create a good meal. I am sure Beyonce and JayZ have a chef who will do that for them. And maybe Sheryl will eat at Sara's house a lot!

Bacon is the best diet food ever. 2 slices are 70 calories and make a salad feel decadant. Good luch Sheryl.

It is easy to gain weight on a vegan diet. Some tend to rely on starches for satisfaction. Ellen talked about this in some interview.

Yeah, I recall when the low fat, high carb diets were the trend and they made some gain weight. lol

I have noticed over the years that if you go to the yogert section of the grocery store, you will normally see almost all thin people getting the yogert. I used to visit this very busy grocery store near my house every week. I would make note of it every time. Over the years, I don't think I ever saw anyone grab the yogerts that wasn't thin. Now what does that tell you? lol

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yeah, I recall when the low fat, high carb diets were the trend and they made some gain weight. lol

I have noticed over the years that if you go to the yogert section of the grocery store, you will normally see almost all thin people getting the yogert. I used to visit this very busy grocery store near my house every week. I would make note of it every time. Over the years, I don't think I ever saw anyone grab the yogerts that wasn't thin. Now what does that tell you? lol
    If you eat yoghurt you will lose weight. Do I eat it before or after the cheeseburger and fries?
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    If you eat yoghurt you will lose weight. Do I eat it before or after the cheeseburger and fries?
    I don't know. I think you're supposed to eat it INSTEAD of the fries and burger. lol

There are a couple of people at the office who always bringing yogurt as their lunch. They are thin too. Maybe it's coincidental, but I have never known a fat person to eat yogurt. lol

I wonder why Sheryl is waiting to do her vegan month until FEB. hmmmmmmm....I'd wait until after the holidays too.

FORT Fogey

I was wondering why Feb, too. There has to be a reason. Jan would be a logical choice. Maybe she has some events and Feb is free. It is not an easy diet to eat if she cannot be home and close to Sara.

I don't know anyone who eats yoghurt but I believe your theory is correct.

Wanted to say Congrats to Sara and Linda on their nuptials! I was wondering why she wasn't on today's show.

I've been watching The Talk now for several months and while I still enjoy it, I'm seeing a sameness over and over, i.e. scripted and highly planned rather than spontaneous. Example: When Julie asks a question at the beginning of the show, it's usually Sharon who responds first, then someone else in a round robin manner, usually ending with Sheryl who talks VERY loud and says something that's supposed to be funny to end the segment. Half the time she talks so loud and fast with a "look at me" attitude that I don't understand much of what she says.

The cooking segments can be interesting depending on who the guest is and what they are making, but it's done in such a hurried manner and with too much talk between the guest chef and two panel members to be of much value. The chef has to divide his/her attention and try to instruct two people at once in how to make something and, oh, the mistakes they make that are glossed over due to some panel members' lack of simple kitchen skills.

I'm most annoyed with Sheryl and feels she adds nothing to the show. It seems to me that every "punch line" or funny comment she utters is either fed to her beforehand by the production staff, is read off her cue cards, or fed through an earpiece. Nothing she says sounds that it's coming from her own thoughts, while I find the other four panelists have a true conversation at the table with each other, i.e. expressing their own opinions. And I wish Sheryl either learned how to walk onto the set without shuffling her feet (she's way too young for that type of gait) or wear shoes that are more appropriate in height that would provide her plus size better balance.

With all the above being said, The Talk is way better than The View.
    JunkieGirl and Imperfect1 like this.

I don't get the chance to see them all that often, but I think there is a certain formula they try to stick to. Sheryl has never bothered me though. She does have a certain style. I get that. lol

I do like that they normally don't talk over each other and that's a plus. Do they still do that on The View?

One thing I never cared for on The Talk was the cooking segment. It's too rushed to be of much benefit. It's waste, IMO.

I do like their guest hosts like Marie Osmond, Carnie Wilson, and Valerie Bertinelli.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

It is kind of formulaic. Sharon says something naughty, Aisha something intelligent, Sarah the opposing view or a different viewpoint, Sheryl almost always goes for the laugh and Julie rarely says much. Especially if the topic is a little controversial.

Sometimes I like Sheryl, sometimes not. She drives me nuts talking about men, sex or money. Food is even worse and the sight gags.

I still watch because I cannot stand The View. Or rather the people that are on it.

I cannot remember Valerie Bertinelli guest co hosting, love her! I do like Marie and Carnie, Sharon is away so often it is good that Marie and Carnie are usually available.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread