+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: The Talk

Re: The Talk

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4088262;
    They really haven't touched politics yet.
    Supposedly they're not going to touch politics. They claim that the show is supposed to only be about motherhood & parenting. That's how they can claim they aren't a View copycat. But I give it a week or two before that gets thrown out the window.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4088482;
    Supposedly they're not going to touch politics. They claim that the show is supposed to only be about motherhood & parenting. That's how they can claim they aren't a View copycat. But I give it a week or two before that gets thrown out the window.
    I agree, particularly with elections on the horizon.
    Even if they only look at issues that pertain to parenting I don't see how they'll be able to continue without touching on politics. The difference might be that they attempt to discuss the issues without injecting their own political opinions. If they do that though it's not going to be too interesting for me.
    The skill will be in giving opinions without coming across as opinionated. Something they rarely seem to achieve at The View.
    Last edited by fluff; 10-20-2010 at 11:13 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't think The View has anything to worry about. I've not even been able to get through one whole show. Too vacuous, IMO. Any day now, I expect to hear about it being cancelled.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4088814;
    I don't think The View has anything to worry about. I've not even been able to get through one whole show. Too vacuous, IMO. Any day now, I expect to hear about it being cancelled.
    Its ratings aren't completely terrible so far, plus Julie Chen's husband runs CBS, so I would assume it's going to be on for at least one year.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I was floored with today's show. The parents who let their little girls "work out" on the stripper pole. OMG. I get that it's good exercise, but I have to agree with Leah...there are other ways for them to get the same workout...gymnastics, ballet...etc...
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

We were there yesterday.
    They taped both yesterday's and today's shows.
    I like these ladies. I especially liked Leah Remini. She was very down to earth and warm with the audience.
    When they taped the portion of today's show with Rick Fox and Cheryl Burke, they moved me from the first row to the second row, where I was right on top of Rick and Cheryl!! LOL.
    They changed my seat with Rick's girlfriend, Eliza Dushku. She seem,s to show up for everything he appears on. Perhpas, she's trying to make sure he doesn't hook up with someone else. At any rate, it was a really fun show. We got some terrific gifts for being there, too.
    And, the Chenbot is just great in person. She's a terrific host for the show and totally professional. I give her a lot of credit. She may be married to Moonves, but she deserves whatever credit she's getting. Definitely a hard worker and a beautiful woman. Sharon is very nice, too, but her face looks like a mask in person. Way too much surgery. She looks like Joan Rivers up close.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I didn't realize Leah R. was a part of it...love her (at least on King of Queens which is my only exposure to her).
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Dushku, if you have to work that hard to try to keep your man in line.....is it really worth it???

Glad to hear you had a good time, nrh! What gifts did you get?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4089350;
    Dushku, if you have to work that hard to try to keep your man in line.....is it really worth it???

Glad to hear you had a good time, nrh! What gifts did you get?
    My friends and I call that "Griffithing" after Melanie Griffith who I still don't think allows Antonio Banderas out of the house unaccompanied.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Some men like women who are controlling, I guess. Or, at least, they put up with them. One of my college roommates married a guy who was extremely wuzzy and seemed reluctant to make a move unless she pre-approved it.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

+ Reply to Thread