+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: The Talk

Re: The Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I don't understand why people are so negative about Julie and think she's uptight. I love her. I've been watching her for years and years, way before she married Les Moonves, and she has always been funny, sassy, bright, and humble, and she is always willing to be the first one to laugh at herself. Yes she married the president of CBS, and I'm sure that complicates things --- and the fact that she's a mom now makes her much more grown up and responsible, but to me, for the most part, she seems very much the same as she's always been --- a very good person!
    I only knew her from Big Brother, on there they called her the Chenbot. She wasn't that god at the start imo .But, yes, I think she is funny. I don't care who she is married to.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I only knew her from Big Brother, on there they called her the Chenbot. She wasn't that good at the start imo .But, yes, I think she is funny. I don't care who she is married to.
    Yes, she laughs about being called the Chenbot. She says she was given that nickname in the early days of Big Brother when her interviews were kind of "wooden" and "robot-like" She said it stemmed from her many years as a news reporter when she had to keep her own personality to a minimum.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I don't understand why people are so negative about Julie and think she's uptight. I love her. I've been watching her for years and years, way before she married Les Moonves, and she has always been funny, sassy, bright, and humble, and she is always willing to be the first one to laugh at herself. Yes she married the president of CBS, and I'm sure that complicates things --- and the fact that she's a mom now makes her much more grown up and responsible, but to me, for the most part, she seems very much the same as she's always been --- a very good person!
    I think that her news reporting style of keeping her personality to a minimum effected the way that I felt about her as a show host. I thought she was an excellent news reporter and enjoyed her in that role, but when she moved to Big Brother she earned (IMO) the nickname Chenbot. I understand that the whole premiss behind Big Brother was someone was always watching. I hated her stiff style of the "all seeing eye" when she interviewed the players.
    For this reason, I was hesitant to watch The Talk with her in the lead role. I did decide to give her another try because I liked the idea of the show. I really like her on The Talk. I think that she has mellowed out and while she can still turn her personality off at times, I think she does a great job in keeping the show on topic. I like when she shows her personality and lets her guard down. All the stories that she tells on herself gives me glimpses of her funny, humble and caring human side. She admitted that she loves big hair, makeup and clothes. Which surprised me the day of the no makeup show, out of all the women, she seemed the least self-conscious sans makeup. I think that most of the ladies had a touch of something on. With Julie Chen, you could see the true color of her skin and the dark spots that most of us have but try and hide. That made me like her even more.
    And, after hosting The Talk for a few years, I think she is much better on Big Brother. (just in my opinion )

Yes, she laughs about being called the Chenbot. She says she was given that nickname in the early days of Big Brother when her interviews were kind of "wooden" and "robot-like" She said it stemmed from her many years as a news reporter when she had to keep her own personality to a minimum.
    I really enjoy her now. I have taken to catching The Talk, because The View is so loud, and often obnoxious .Unlike The Talk they dont allow for one another 'to talk' and Julie seems to lead the way very well
    Shoepie and tapper01 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Anyone catch Marie Osmond on THe Talk today? OMG. That woman looked beautiful. You can tell she is happy on the inside. It shows. She was a blessing to me today. I enjoyed her interview so much. She says her husband is the love of her life and her kids adore him. Recall they were divorced after a short marriage, then remarried many years later. (They have one son together.) She has a new book coming out. I can't wait. She must have had the bad plastic surgery fixed, because she looked great. The only thing I didn't care for were the lips. They've been plumped a little too much, IMO. To each his own.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Anyone catch Marie Osmond on THe Talk today? OMG. That woman looked beautiful. You can tell she is happy on the inside. It shows. She was a blessing to me today. I enjoyed her interview so much. She says her husband is the love of her life and her kids adore him. Recall they were divorced after a short marriage, then remarried many years later. (They have one son together.) She has a new book coming out. I can't wait. She must have had the bad plastic surgery fixed, because she looked great. The only thing I didn't care for were the lips. They've been plumped a little too much, IMO. To each his own.
    Yes, I watched too, and agree about Marie Osmond. She's just lovely, sweet, charming, and very, very talented. And the fact that at her age, she can do a very strenuous Las Vegas song and dance show every night (with Donny), and then she also flies back to LA (or wherever she shoots) to shoot her talk show several days a week - just amazes me. By the way, for anyone that's interested, Marie's talk show is on every morning on the Hallmark Channel.
    Debb70 likes this.

I had forgotten that she and Steve Craig remarried. I'm glad to hear that she's happy.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Anybody still watching? The ladies have been on a roll for the last few weeks. I actually laugh out loud at their conversations.

Sharon revealed today that she was pregnant. She said the last two weeks that she has been off she was in an IVF clinic in Germany. She found an egg donor for Ozzy's sperm. OMG!!!!

I actually fell for it. Then she revealed that she has always wanted to be an actress and pulled off the best acting job ever. April Fools. Haha.

This show is getting better and better. I can kinda relate with them, when they share stories about their lives. They are being very real and aren't afraid to reveal their own flaws. Quite refreshing.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I heard Donny Osmond was on last week! I missed it.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I heard Donny Osmond was on last week! I missed it.
    He was. That was a fun day, I don't think I've laughed straight for 20 minutes in a while.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread