+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: The Talk

FORT Fogey

Re: The Talk

I wear make up everyday. Not much but I prefer how I look with a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I wear make up everyday. Not much but I prefer how I look with a little.
    I love gloss, I am addicted to it.I tint my lashes so I can ditch mascara, but lip gloss- no way.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I prefer The Talk, too. I would like to see Sheryl replaced, however. I do not find her funny or enjoyable at all.

I am watching the no make up episode now. I think Sharon has a little bit of foundation on. Her face is way too flawless for her age, even given her surgeries.

Jamie Lee definately has foundation on!! Maybe they all do.
    I agree with you, I just don't like her at all. Her attitude stinks and she sounds like a gold digger. What is mine is mine, but what is yours is mine too. UGH!

I don't mind Carnie Wilson and think she would be a better fit with the ladies.

None of the women were wearing makeup, not even foundation. Jamie Lee took out a baby wipe, wiped her face and showed the audience. All of them did too, but Julie apparently had dirt on her face? Riiight.

Still, I applaud all of them for doing that. Bravo!
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Sharon tinted her lashes and brows, she said she disappeared without that( cheat) LOl
    -Andy Rooney-

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

The word "makeup" to a lot of people refers mainly to the foundation, powder or whatever they apply to their faces. For me, I have always disliked the feeling of having something laying on top of my skin, so I've never worn that kind of makeup. But my biggest beauty aid is eye makeup, which I almost always wear when I go out, and even sometimes at home. I think a tasteful application of eye-liner looks fabulous on a woman (especially if it's smudged just a little), along with a bit of eyebrow definition, if needed. And a light application of mascara is great too. Some women (like me) are also definitely enhanced by a bit of color on their face, so I totally enjoy wearing lipstick, and when I'm getting dressed up, some blush and a wee bit of eye shadow. (And by the way Debb, I've had a number of men tell me that they like me better without any makeup too! But I just don't feel as pretty without, at least, my eye makeup.)

I didn't get to see the no-makeup show the ladies did, but I did see the previews, and it looked to me like although they may have not been wearing any 'face' makeup, a few of them looked like they were wearing some eye makeup.

Julie Chen wasn't wearing anything. Once again I say good for her.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I watched the show but turned it off before they used baby wipes. I still say that Sharon had foundation around her eyes. No one her age is without some change in color around the eyes, especially in the corner next to her nose. She probably didnt have makeup on the place she wiped.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I really enjoy The Talk. Especially in contrast to The View. I rarely, if ever, agree with Sheryl but she adds a completely different perspective which I find interesting. If all we had was Rich, uptight, wife-of-CBS-President-Les-Moonves, Julie Chen I couldn't watch it. I missed the episode without their makeup. I tried to DVR it but it didn't record I will have to check online to see the full episode, I just saw a few snippets of it on other shows.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I didn't care for Chen very much at first . But I have really grown to like her, she is very funny
    -Andy Rooney-

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I don't understand why people are so negative about Julie and think she's uptight. I love her. I've been watching her for years and years, way before she married Les Moonves, and she has always been funny, sassy, bright, and humble, and she is always willing to be the first one to laugh at herself. Yes she married the president of CBS, and I'm sure that complicates things --- and the fact that she's a mom now makes her much more grown up and responsible, but to me, for the most part, she seems very much the same as she's always been --- a very good person!

+ Reply to Thread