+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 43 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

Ugly Betty's Vanessa Williams Joins Desperate Housewives Cast

Natalie Abrams
    May 18, 2010 04:42 PM ET

Vanessa Williams — who played diva Wilhelmina Slater on Ugly Betty — will be moving onto Wisteria Lane as a regular on next season's Desperate Housewives, TVGuide.com has confirmed.

Details of her role have not been released, although producers have been searching for a saucy replacement for Nicollette Sheridan since she left the series in Season 5.

You can still catch Williams' Wilhelmina in encore presentations of Ugly Betty on Saturdays at 7/6c on TV Guide Network.
    Personally, I don't think Nicolette is replaceable. Edie was a great character, and despite the rumored personal conflicts between Nicolette and the show's creator, it was just plain stupid to kill her off.

But if they have to have another Edie-like character, I think they made a good choice.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 10-12-2010 at 05:13 AM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3907598;
    When Susan was living as a single mom in the house she was getting child support from Carl for Julie. That ended when Julie left for school I assume.
    She was also probably getting alimony from Carl, which would have ended when she married Mike.

More cast news today:
    Exclusive: Kyle MacLachlan to exit 'Desperate Housewives'

by Michael Ausiello
    May 19 2010 11:39 AM ET

Wisteria Lane is about to lose another longtime resident: Kyle MacLachlan is leaving Desperate Housewives after four years of playing Orson Hodge, sources confirm to me exclusively.

Exit rumors have swirled around the woefully underused MacLachlan for the better part of the past two years. Speculation picked up again after Sunday’s season finale, during which Orson — disappointed that Bree would allow herself to be blackmailed by Sam — abruptly moved out.

I’m told MacLachlan will likely return for an episode or two next fall to tie up the Orson/Bree story.

MacLachlan’s decampment brings to three the number of series regulars coming off the Housewives payroll. He joins the dearly departed Drea de Matteo and Dana Delany.
    Can't say that I'm surprised. It seems like everybody loved McLachlan, but couldn't stand what Orson became (irrelevant). I hope he lands a nice new series of his own if he wants one. Twin Peaks: The Next Generation anyone?
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3907831;
    She was also probably getting alimony from Carl, which would have ended when she married Mike.
    more like Child Support as she was diong rather well when this show started. If i recall she was a children's book illustrator. However, support would have ended once Julie was of age. Then if i recall again, she has a buss manager that screwed her a bit in like season 3??
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

who is the new guy that moved him to susan's house?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;3909196;
    who is the new guy that moved him to susan's house?
    The Vanessa Williams character will probably move into Angie's house or maybe the gay couple's house. The guy shown renting Susan's house is Paul Young, husband of Mary Alice, the neighbor who killed herself and the voice of the narrator.

Is the gay couple officially split up/gone? I'll have to rewatch some episodes.

I hope not! The show had finally put them to good use for several episodes when they wanted Gaby to be their surrogate.

OK, now that we have the summer to gossip and speculate: They've held off for 6 whole seasons -- when are we going to get a Teri Hatcher / Dean Cain reunion!? The time has come!
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Cannot wait for this season to start!! The previews look awesome.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;4065679;
    Cannot wait for this season to start!! The previews look awesome.
    IS it THIS Sunday?

TIA
    KAREN

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4065789;
    IS it THIS Sunday?

TIA
    Yep. 9 pm Eastern
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 43 1234567891011 ... LastLast