+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4081530;
    Seems the writers don't really know what to do with the Scavos anymore. Apparently all we have to look forward to with them is something about Tom and Renee having had some kind of relationship once upon a time. Another reason to drive yet another temporary wedge between them, especially with Tom not being honest about his past until it catches up with him (remember Kayla, or whatever the name of his demon child was). I agree that it was ridiculous that Mr. Pizzeria didn't recognize the smell of oregano.
    I think the writers are having trouble coming up with good new storylines for everyone. I used to love this show but now it's become too predictable and slow. Sometimes it's best for a tv show to go out while still on top, rather than just dying a slow death.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4082178;
    I think the writers are having trouble coming up with good new storylines for everyone. I used to love this show but now it's become too predictable and slow. Sometimes it's best for a tv show to go out while still on top, rather than just dying a slow death.
    When the show first began it wasn't overly serious and the gals were just living life without any care about social norms/expectations. They did crazy, quirky things that did not suit sterotypical housewives. The willingness to completely disregard the common and have over-the-top, impulsive characters made this show exciting and different. Most housewives don't cheat on their husbands with teenage boys, immediately start/continue dating crazy pharmacists when their husbands die, brush off homicide hit & runs, or get into throw down fights over neighborhood bachelors. Somewhere down the line people started getting attached to characters and the writers decided to make the show more believable, honorable, heartwarming and all that crap. Thus, we ended up with Gabby and Susan in committed relationships, people getting saner (who didnt love crazy Andrew?) and predicatable families. They also got rid of the major comic relief (aka Ms. Edie Brit) and hooked up the other funny gal (mcclusky) with a dude and shortened airtime. I used to LOVE this show and now it seems like they have no where to go anymore.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4082178;

I agree. I am finding this show to be more and more annoying. I can appreciate what a gravy train it's been money-wise for a lot of people, but the story lines are getting so stupid.

and to be be fair, there had been weed in the container so it prob still had some weed smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;4081810;
    I could see that happening. They made a point of stressing that Tom was sort of a nerd in College, & that he never had anything to do with pot.
    If he was never around it, he probably had no idea what it smelled like. I could see him thinking: "Hmmmm, that's funny. Pot looks & smells like oregano" and thinking nothing more of it than that.
    Carlos, on the other hand, knew what pot smelled like & that's why he caught it right away.

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

Poor Gabby. The look on her face when Carlos explained WHY she shouldn't have contacted the real parents was gut wrenching. I'm actually looking forward to this playing out.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

On the previews for next week, it looked to me like Carlos and Gaby were at a cemetary when Gaby said something like "that's my daughter". They were outside and looking down and that's what it reminded me of.

Quote Originally Posted by grapenuts;4082797;
    On the previews for next week, it looked to me like Carlos and Gaby were at a cemetary when Gaby said something like "that's my daughter". They were outside and looking down and that's what it reminded me of.
    Oh, no.
    That would definitely be a heart breaking conclusion. Although I can't imagine a happy ending in any case in such a situation.
    Wouldn't that also make the other parents try to get Juanita even more??!!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4083052;
    Oh, no.
    That would definitely be a heart breaking conclusion. Although I can't imagine a happy ending in any case in such a situation.
    Absolutely. If the other child had died, the grieving parents would be even more anxious to get Juanita.

About 30 years ago, this actually happened at a small town in Florida. One of the girls had a serious heart condition and they learned her blood type meant she would not possibly be the biological child of her 'parents.'

The healthy child had a very tough life. I think she left her adoptive family, came back, etc. Don't recall what ever happened, but it was sad. There was a movie-of-the-week about it maybe 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4083052;
    Oh, no.

It would be awful, but a great storyline. Did anyone else think what I did when they saw the preview?

Quote Originally Posted by grapenuts;4083351;
    It would be awful, but a great storyline. Did anyone else think what I did when they saw the preview?
    No, but after you pointed it out, I could see it being that.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread