+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 5)

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;4080474;
    Most hospitals get the child's blood type when they are born.
    They do, but they always recheck whenever they need to know again.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Always. And they will do it over and over again. I can tell them my blood type, and they still have to test it....and it always comes back being exactly what I've told them. They cannot afford a slip-up from relying on old results or inaccurate information.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4080859;
    Always. And they will do it over and over again. I can tell them my blood type, and they still have to test it....and it always comes back being exactly what I've told them. They cannot afford a slip-up from relying on old results or inaccurate information.
    I'll go with that, but anytime anythings happened to one of my boys (and playing sports, we've had a few mishaps), they've never typed myself or their father.

I just wish that some things on this show were more believable. But I still watch, so I must not mind too much...
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Oh, I meant that I tell them my blood type when I am the one being treated...not my child. I don't have a clue what his blood type is! I only know mine because I typed it, myself, in college in a class...and it's the same type that they get when they do it at the hospital. I've been unfortunate enough to need a transfusion.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4081081;
    I'll go with that, but anytime anythings happened to one of my boys (and playing sports, we've had a few mishaps), they've never typed myself or their father.

I just wish that some things on this show were more believable. But I still watch, so I must not mind too much...
    I assume Juanita's parents' types are left over from her birth records (they certainly would have the mother's type, and maybe the dad's as well pre-birth to check for possible Rh etc. problems.

But, as was said, it's a fantasy...can't always be grounded in reality!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4081142;
    I assume Juanita's parents' types are left over from her birth records (they certainly would have the mother's type, and maybe the dad's as well pre-birth to check for possible Rh etc. problems.
    But, as was said, it's a fantasy...can't always be grounded in reality!
    They always check the father's blood type if the mother's is RH neg. If his is also neg., then not an issue.

I'll bet the producers of this show would have a good laugh at our conversations created by Juanita's story line.......!!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Tom owned/ran a pizzeria and can't recognize oregano? No wonder the restaurant failed...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fanatic

I thought the same thing! Oregano? Pizzeria? The whole story was stupid to me, just some filler.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fogey

Seems the writers don't really know what to do with the Scavos anymore. Apparently all we have to look forward to with them is something about Tom and Renee having had some kind of relationship once upon a time. Another reason to drive yet another temporary wedge between them, especially with Tom not being honest about his past until it catches up with him (remember Kayla, or whatever the name of his demon child was). I agree that it was ridiculous that Mr. Pizzeria didn't recognize the smell of oregano.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4081406;
    Tom owned/ran a pizzeria and can't recognize oregano? No wonder the restaurant failed...
    I could see that happening. They made a point of stressing that Tom was sort of a nerd in College, & that he never had anything to do with pot.
    If he was never around it, he probably had no idea what it smelled like. I could see him thinking: "Hmmmm, that's funny. Pot looks & smells like oregano" and thinking nothing more of it than that.
    Carlos, on the other hand, knew what pot smelled like & that's why he caught it right away.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread