+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4120946;
    Surely a half-way house in the midst of a neighborhood would call for public hearings, but hey, no one ever said Housewives was real-life.
    Or maybe local requirements are pre-empted by state law on this one.

I didn't see any sign of Beth in this episode. I hope she is a key part of preventing Paul from going forward with his halfway house.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;4120902;
    It seems odd that Juanita's bio mother wasnt all that upset to be leaving her daughter as Gaby was about leaving hers. Maybe she has accepted things the way they are and Gaby hasn't.
    That whole story line has too many holes in it.... just not very well thought out, to me.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow, Bree's boyfriend's dad is not coming across well....too bad, I would have liked to see the actor around longer, but with this sleazy attempt to sabotage his son I don't see Bree ever going for him. Of course the son did not handle the ring episode very maturely...more like a kid throwing a tantrum and breaking down in tears and running off...and yelling at Bree who had no idea what was going on. And once his dad and the other woman sat down how come he didn't excuse himself to go to the kitchen and cancel the whole shrimp thing? Surely he didn't forget where the ring was... Yeah, more holes.
    And I agree that it must have been odd for Juanita to see her mom SO upset that the other GIRL was leaving, not her mom, but the daughter. Juanita already felt 2nd best to her....

FORT Fogey

I like all the characters, including Susan. Marcia Cross needs bangs, though. I loved this episode.

Mark Cherry has created a huge mess with the changed babies plot. I don't see a way out of it other than to just let it drop. They have almost dropped Celia. She is the same build as Juanitas biological parents and there is no way to go with that either.

I love Tom and Lynette and enjoy seeing the depth in their relationship that has been unfolding this season.

Vanessa's character is not going to make any headway withTom or even get it into dangerous territory. I see this plot device used to further illustrate the bond between L and T.

Seeing Susan unconcious means she has a more meaty plot line coming I hope. It seems they don't know what to do with her other than fluff. That will be a refreshing change.

I think Tom is absolutely WONDERFUL. He works hard, cares about his family and has made great decisions throughout this show. I feel like he is very believable and his storylines make sense. I hope Vanessa does not screw anything up for him.

I still hope Susan gets trampled (I know that sounds terrible but I cant stand her character or teri hatcher (both seem to be obsessed with showing off their breasts)).

The baby plot is a hot mess and I don't see any real resolution. And we have not seen Celia in forever....

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;4121203;
    I didn't see any sign of Beth in this episode. I hope she is a key part of preventing Paul from going forward with his halfway house.
    When they held the Homeowner's Association meeting & Paul said he had 7 houses & only needed 1 more, I immediately thought that Beth is going to be the one to stop him in his plan.

They're married. That means any houses bought during this time are half hers. He'll think he won, but she'll yank the rug out from under him at the last minute, hopefully literally as well as figuratively.

I saw this coming the minute he talked about it.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Oooo, good point about Beth and joint ownership!
    I like Tom in some ways, but his hang ups about his career have nearly derailed them both personally and financially. Moving from ad work to a pizza place??? Really? He lacks a certain level of maturity so Lynette always has to be the bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4120946;

Surely a half-way house in the midst of a neighborhood would call for public hearings, but hey, no one ever said Housewives was real-life.
    In my county, there is a pastor who opened a half-way house that was originally supposed to house low level parolee's. His plan was to rehabilitate them. Except that's not what he ended up doing. He now has three houses that he's filled with released sex offenders. He claims he is rehabilitating them but in our area, there aren't many jobs to be had and there's no proof that he's done a thing to nudge them in the right direction. IMO, it's a lost cause. Most sex offenders can't be rehabilitated. And these aren't men who turned 18 while their girlfriends were under age. These are bonafide, hardcore sex offenders. The real kicker is that these houses are all in the same residential neighborhood and not far from an elementary school. Oh, and the pastor rakes in the cash from the state for providing these homes. The whole county is in an uproar and are trying to get them out of here. A study was done and we now have more sex offenders living in the county than all of a big nearby city, per capita.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I've really been disappointed with this season but this episode came out of nowhere and surprised me. I'm really liking where this Paul Young storyline is starting to go. I loved how he's manipulating and turning them against each other. This show has always been at it's strongest when all the characters are brought together for a joint storyline and the "riot" next week looks like an over the top crack up.

FORT Fogey

I'm disappointed about the baby-switching story line. I guess I can only imagine how I'd feel, knowing my biological child who I love and lost through no choice of my own is out there living God-knows-what kind of life, and I might never see her again. It bothered me that we didn't see Carlos showing much emotion or feeling a strong connection with Grace. It was just all about Gabby. That's his daughter, too. Also, I thought they could have done more to show some strong feelings on the part of Juanita's biological parents for their birth child. This story was a crashing disappointment to me; it just fizzled out. What was the point ... unless somehow Grace comes back to them because the parents are deported or imprisoned or something.

+ Reply to Thread