+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4116769;
    Beth is now realizing that her mom is nuts and that she was manipulated. She seems to be going over to the dark side with Paul. But somehow I think that whatever happens, she's going to come out the winner in all this.
    Yes, yes, but if she doesn't take down Paul I'll never forgive her!

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4116180;
    I read somewhere that the woman who plays Susan doesn't plan to extend her contract after the 2011-12 season is over. I think the entire show should end in May of 2011. It's a dead horse.
    I read that too, but there have been several articles since last week saying that Teri Hatcher denies it, and plans to stay on the show until it ends.

Juicy blind item on Gawker today, most people guessed it was talking about DH:
    3. "The cast of this successful ensemble television show is totally falling apart! Star 1 and Star 2 mistakenly thought that they were the biggest and most irreplaceable stars of the show, and demanded pay raises disproportionate to the rest of the cast. Not only did the producers call their bluff, they threatened to write out their characters if they didn't back down immediately. As of today, Star 1 and Star 2 aren't backing down, so the producers have ordered rewritten scripts—including one in which one of their characters is killed off and the other disappears.

Star 1 is already in negotiations for a new job with a rival network (which has infuriated the producers even more), and Star 2 is panicking because they don't have anything else lined up. To make matters worse, if those two go, Star 3 (who didn't demand a raise) will likely be leaving because they are sure the show will now flop. At least Star 3 has multiple projects already lined up to distract from some relationship issues. Star 4 has nowhere else to go and has been walking around with eyes red from crying for a week. Star 5 is smart enough to keep their mouth shut because this shake out will likely result in them taking over as the main character… which is something the producers planned all along."
    1&2: Teri Hatcher & Felicity Huffman (you could flip them)
    3. Eva Longoria-relationship problems
    4. Marcia Cross-"eyes red"
    5. Vanessa Williams

BUT, everyone so far is issuing denials, and even if it's true we still get a season and a half more of the current cast. Personally I think the show could survive a cast change. The show is about Wisteria Lane. People could leave and move in all the time. I think DH could be like E.R. and survive multiple cast changes...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

With respect to stars 1 and 2, I would think that #1 would have to be Felicity Huffman, who had a low-key but solid career before DH. Teri Hatcher was desperate before the show started, which was why we had the short-lived period of a humble "I won't behave that way again" Hatcher before she determined that she was the biggest thing on the show and her ego inflated accordingly. Deep down she must know that once this show is done, she's screwed.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4117498;
    With respect to stars 1 and 2, I would think that #1 would have to be Felicity Huffman, who had a low-key but solid career before DH. Teri Hatcher was desperate before the show started, which was why we had the short-lived period of a humble "I won't behave that way again" Hatcher before she determined that she was the biggest thing on the show and her ego inflated accordingly. Deep down she must know that once this show is done, she's screwed.
    But you are assuming that these "stars" would act like a normal person. Celebs do not view themselves as the rest of us do. How else could anyone explain the escapades they get into, the improper behavior that no one should know about, the airing of dirty laundry, especially by reality stars???

There used to be this emotion called Shame but that doesn't seem to exist anymore...Like when Kim announced to the WHOLE WORLD that anal sex was ok with her, Patti Stanger telling her father and the WHOLE WORLD that Randy Quaid was the best at oral sex.....I could go on and on................

I liked tonight's show. I know not everyone likes Lynette & Tom, but I do, and this was a classic L&T situation. And very revealing!

I was happy to be surprised by Paul's ultimate plan for Wisteria Lane. It was more creative and inventive than merely shooting/strangling everyone.

Next week looks like their annual Big Neighborhood Disaster episode, involving lots of extras running around, and regular cast members ending up unconscious in the street. I wish they didn't feel like they had to do this every year...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4120824;
    Next week looks like their annual Big Neighborhood Disaster episode, involving lots of extras running around, and regular cast members ending up unconscious in the street. I wish they didn't feel like they had to do this every year...
    LOL, youre right! Ive never thought about it that way but there is generally some disaster of sorts every season. The previews showed Susan getting trampled so Im going to go ahead and make my Wisteria Lane Christmas wish that she DOES NOT wake up.

Didn't care at all that Juanita was there for Grace's send off. Carlos would have known that Gaby would break down. He should have insisted that Juanita stay home so Gaby could have a chance to pull herself together.

Can we account for seven house purchases?

It seems odd that Juanita's bio mother wasnt all that upset to be leaving her daughter as Gaby was about leaving hers. Maybe she has accepted things the way they are and Gaby hasn't.

FORT Fanatic

As far as having a big disaster next week, if memory serves, this show always takes a very, VERY long holiday break - longer than most shows. They like to be sure people will turn in whenever the next episode will be on.

I second the idea of having Susan not wake up - ever - but I don't see that happening. I don't care for her annoying antics, but she has plenty of fans.

Surely a half-way house in the midst of a neighborhood would call for public hearings, but hey, no one ever said Housewives was real-life.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4120824;
    I liked tonight's show. I know not everyone likes Lynette & Tom, but I do, and this was a classic L&T situation. And very revealing!

I was happy to be surprised by Paul's ultimate plan for Wisteria Lane. It was more creative and inventive than merely shooting/strangling everyone.

I personally love Lynette & Tom but maybe that's because it mirrors in many ways the relationship that my boyfriend and I have. The feelings she expressed last night kinda are the way I feel that people see us sometimes, so I sympathized with her.

Can't have a season of DH without a heapin' big disaster to clean up. For Wisteria Lane being soo prestigious, it sure does get a lot of crap happening to it.

+ Reply to Thread