+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4114876;
    I think that if people in general and the media specifically would stop making comments and judgements on the weight and figures of women and young girls, that would go a long way to creating a more positive environment for fostering a healthy self-image and healthy eating habits.
    Thank you! Regardless if she is too thin, too fat or just right, she's a little girl. I know she's famous, so of course that makes her weight and her family fair game, but maybe people and the media should wait on picking apart her flaws and who's fault they are until she's old enough to handle it. You know, like her sister. Oh, wait.....
    Last edited by Katydyd; 11-26-2010 at 05:09 PM.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

How is everybody liking this season??? It changes every year for me....sometimes I love it and it's one of my favorite shows and then some seasons I contemplate stopping watching altogether and wonder why I liked it in the first place. Unfortunately this season has been one of my absolute least favorites. I'm especially bummed that they haven't come up with some better storylines for Vanessa William's character as VW can be absolutely hilarious!!! Oh and don't even get me started on Susan's storyline this season.........they always have her doing ridiculous stuff but that Va Va Broom internet stuff was just SO silly and ludicrous. Heres to hoping it picks up in the second half of this season.

FORT Fogey

The only storyline I've been into this season so far is the baby switch, and now it seems that will all of a sudden wrap up by Gabby and Carlos keeping Grace when the "parents" are deported. So much for that. Looks like something could develop between Bree and her boyfriend's father, but another "secret lover" story is not too interesting to me, neither would it be if the relationship is out in the open. Susan cleaning in her sexy lingerie ... dopey story. How many men are into this show, and how many women are interested in seeing Susan's tatas hanging out week after week? Susan as Lynette's nanny ... much ado about nothing. I hate to say it because I can't stand the character of Paul, but the plot developments with his wife look like the most intriguing storyline the show has going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Medallion;4115700;
    How is everybody liking this season?(
    It's kind of hit and miss with me. I'm not a fan of Paul, either, but his storyline is the most interesting for me. I actually like his wife and that whole plot. I didn't think I would because it involves Paul, but I'm fascinated.

Susan. Ugh. I wish she had gone to Alaska and left Mike here to play poker with the girls...

Bree...Eh. I don't know. I kind of like it and I kind of don't. I say let Bree have the dad and bring back Julie for the son. That way we get both John and Brian as eye candy.

Lynette, Tom and the rich, snooty friend. I'm not liking where this is going. I also don't like how in the beginning, Lynette seemed to be the only mother on the show that was actually a good parent. Now she's the worst.

Gaby and Carlos...I like the story but it's moving kind of slow.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Medallion;4115700;
    How is everybody liking this season???
    I think it's lousy. Except for the Paul Young and his wife story...that's new and interesting.

Who the heck knows what the reason for Vanessa Williams' character? I like her a lot but what's the point?? By now, some story should have developed.

Lynette is too mean to her husband too often. He's such a nice, decent bumbling guy and a great dad. It seems like a typical man-bashing situation and I dislike that a lot.

Susan drives me nuts. Why do they always have her playing the sexy, hotsy-totsy woman on the show?? She's undressed more than she's dressed and I don't find her sexy in the least, but that could just be me.

Gabby's character is not solid. They have her vascillating between being a selfish, unlikable, greedy wife but supposedly a wonderful mother. I don't think you can be both.

Bree is as boring as heck. I preferred her dead-drunk on the front lawn with the sprinklers on. That was interesting.

Paul's wife is intriguing because she appears to be a woman, trapped in a time warp, plucked right out of the '50's with her clothes and manner. She presents one type but you just know there's a lot more than we haven't seen yet.

Used to love this show but like I said once before, this train has already left the station.

FORT Fanatic

Yes, I agree that the 'train has already left the station." The show has been on a long time, and I think they have run out of ideas.

Susan? Tiresome beyond belief, but then I've always found her annoying. If she is trying to channel Lucille Ball, it's not working for me.

Paul gives me the creeps. I realize they have to have some conflict, but get him out of here.

I read somewhere that the woman who plays Susan doesn't plan to extend her contract after the 2011-12 season is over. I think the entire show should end in May of 2011. It's a dead horse.

They had some good years, but not any more.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by rattus;4114876;
    i think that if people in general and the media specifically would stop making comments and judgements on the weight and figures of women and young girls, that would go a long way to creating a more positive environment for fostering a healthy self-image and healthy eating habits.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4115869;
    Who the heck knows what the reason for Vanessa Williams' character? I like her a lot but what's the point?? By now, some story should have developed.
    I think this character is meant to fill the Edie void--bring back some of that tough, dry and frank humor that brought a lot of wit and [almost] 'dark' comedy to the show. I wonder if they ever realized how much killing her off would affect the overall dynamic? I think it was a TERRIBLE move, she really jazzed up every scene and, I felt, brought a sense of realness in that she was just herself and called em like she saw em'.

From JAVAJO:

Susan. Ugh. I wish she had gone to Alaska and left Mike here to play poker with the girls...

CAN'T STAND SUSAN

enough said.

I'm not a fan of Paul, either, but his storyline is the most interesting for me. I actually like his wife and that whole plot. I didn't think I would because it involves Paul, but I'm fascinated.

ITA. The wife is complex, mysterious and completely fascinating! This is the only subplot that has me going "oh, what will happen next!?" I feel like everything else is just filler.

I like Beth's subplot, except to the extent it may tend to exonerate Paul which I consider inexcusable, LOL. Felicia is nuts. Beth needs to be emotionally free of mom. Paul needs to be sent back to jail. I'm annoyed because I don't like where this may be going with respect to Paul.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;4116702;
    I like Beth's subplot, except to the extent it may tend to exonerate Paul which I consider inexcusable, LOL. Felicia is nuts. Beth needs to be emotionally free of mom. Paul needs to be sent back to jail. I'm annoyed because I don't like where this may be going with respect to Paul.
    Beth is now realizing that her mom is nuts and that she was manipulated. She seems to be going over to the dark side with Paul. But somehow I think that whatever happens, she's going to come out the winner in all this.

+ Reply to Thread