+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

FORT Fogey

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

Quote Originally Posted by kellyh;4108766;
    I just saw an article today and found out she is the younger sister of Demi Lovato. Very sad all the way around!
    What about Madison's (Juanita) background is so sad? Can someone give me the gist? Just because she has a sister who is having emotional problems does not mean that she has a terrible life.

Her sister does not have simple emotional problems - she has a eating disorder (anorexia) and rumored other problems (drugs, etc). Unfortunately I think the younger sister may also have an eating disorder. Or at the very least the family has some weight issues (that may or may not be directly related to overeating or may be due to metabolism issues) which led to her older's sister's eating disorder and has probably caused issues for the younger daughter as well. As some have said it appears the younger actress is loosing weight. Hopefully if that is so, the parents are going about it in a responsible manner and not placing burdens on the younger daughter becuase of her sister.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And maybe "Juanita" is just at what can be a pudgy stage in her life. She can easily turn out to be a curvacious knockout. Not a ridiculous "stick" that Hollywood has the public coming to expect?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Pudgy stage? Nah. She is eating too many calories, plain and simple. No one in my family went through a pudgy stage. I still have no clue why some are saying her life is sad. Just because her sister is in trouble does not mean there are family problems. Demi's issues could easily stem from her personal road with stardom and who knows what else. I have known families where one child presents problems and the others are not affected. Having said that, obesity is a clear indication that something is afoot but this child is young enough where the parents are responsible for her calorie intake. Totally.

I'm not so quick to blame the parents. My nephew, as a boy, wouldn't sit still long enough to eat a meal. He definitely wasn't taking in too many calories or eating junk food all the time and he was always pudgy. Then he hit puberty and shot up like a bullet...and in the process slimmed down to the point his pants wouldn't stay up without a belt...lol. Sometimes it really is just genetics. Notice how much taller Juanita is and now she's starting to thin out. And maybe she is eating too much, but since I don't know her personally, I'm not willing to avow that that is the issue.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4112684;
    Pudgy stage? Nah. She is eating too many calories, plain and simple. No one in my family went through a pudgy stage. I still have no clue why some are saying her life is sad. Just because her sister is in trouble does not mean there are family problems. Demi's issues could easily stem from her personal road with stardom and who knows what else. I have known families where one child presents problems and the others are not affected. Having said that, obesity is a clear indication that something is afoot but this child is young enough where the parents are responsible for her calorie intake. Totally.
    My thoughts exactly. It must be a miracle if people can gain huge stardom, at any age but particularly when young and remain sane and normal. Look at how many child stars' lives were ruined.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4113257;
    I'm not so quick to blame the parents. My nephew, as a boy, wouldn't sit still long enough to eat a meal. He definitely wasn't taking in too many calories or eating junk food all the time and he was always pudgy. Then he hit puberty and shot up like a bullet...and in the process slimmed down to the point his pants wouldn't stay up without a belt...lol. Sometimes it really is just genetics. Notice how much taller Juanita is and now she's starting to thin out. And maybe she is eating too much, but since I don't know her personally, I'm not willing to avow that that is the issue.
    Thank you, Jo! I didn't think that I was the only person who knew that kids can go through a pudgy stage. And her parents are NOT totally responsible for her caloric intake. She's not a baby.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4113561;
    Thank you, Jo! I didn't think that I was the only person who knew that kids can go through a pudgy stage. And her parents are NOT totally responsible for her caloric intake. She's not a baby.
    No, you're not the only one. My son who had always been slender, became pudgy in his early teens, then all of a sudden grew and was slender again while his eating habits didn't change. But not everyone goes thru that so maybe some people haven't any experience with it.
    I noticed also that the middle daughter on "Medium" is now growing up and has thinned out a lot. She could have been called pudgy also when younger.

I think that if people in general and the media specifically would stop making comments and judgements on the weight and figures of women and young girls, that would go a long way to creating a more positive environment for fostering a healthy self-image and healthy eating habits.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4114876;
    I think that if people in general and the media specifically would stop making comments and judgements on the weight and figures of women and young girls, that would go a long way to creating a more positive environment for fostering a healthy self-image and healthy eating habits.
    Amen.

+ Reply to Thread