+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 428

Thread: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

  1. #151
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,647

    Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

    Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4108426;
    I'm finding the baby mix up story to be awkard, to say the very least. The writers seem to be struggling to make it work. At times, it's almost as if Celia (daughter #2) doesn't exist at all. The other mother rarely shows any interest for Juanita as compared to the Gabby/Grace relationship. The other mother didn't seem to be as torn to leave Juanita behind (fleeing from the authorities) as much as Gabby did.
    And ever since this story started, Gabby has reverted back to being quite bitchy to Carlos, who's looking darn good, I must say!!

    It's just not working for me, sort of half baked idea.
    Yeah, Celia seems to disappear all the time. And I agree that the writers aren't doing much with the original set-up. Gabby was going down a dark path, basically preferring Grace over the daughter she raised her whole life. They seem to be letting her off the hook from having to own up to her behavior by getting rid of Grace's parents, and clearing the way for Grace to join her "new" family. Are they just going to ignore Gabby's awful behavior and move on, or is she going to have to actually face Juanita and not allow her to think she isn't loved anymore?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

  2. #152
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

    Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4108426;
    I'm finding the baby mix up story to be awkard, to say the very least. The writers seem to be struggling to make it work. At times, it's almost as if Celia (daughter #2) doesn't exist at all. The other mother rarely shows any interest for Juanita as compared to the Gabby/Grace relationship. The other mother didn't seem to be as torn to leave Juanita behind (fleeing from the authorities) as much as Gabby did.
    And ever since this story started, Gabby has reverted back to being quite bitchy to Carlos, who's looking darn good, I must say!!

    It's just not working for me, sort of half baked idea.
    I agree. Seems the writers did not flesh out the story line far enough ahead. They are winging it and it isn't working.

    This is a satire so I expect outragous plot lines and nonsense but be cohesive within the format. I don't watch soap opera's but I have heard inconsistant things happen all the time.

    The actor who plays Juanita seems to be slowly slimming down. Good for her and shame on her parents for letting that happen in the first place!

  3. #153
    I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    At the High Rollers Table
    Posts
    4,688

    Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4108490;
    I agree. Seems the writers did not flesh out the story line far enough ahead. They are winging it and it isn't working.

    This is a satire so I expect outragous plot lines and nonsense but be cohesive within the format. I don't watch soap opera's but I have heard inconsistant things happen all the time.

    The actor who plays Juanita seems to be slowly slimming down. Good for her and shame on her parents for letting that happen in the first place!
    Given the issues that family has atm.. and has been having from the sounds of it.. it may be that there is a lot of stress as well.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

    "Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

  4. #154
    FORT Regular kellyh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    65

    Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

    Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;4108734;
    Given the issues that family has atm.. and has been having from the sounds of it.. it may be that there is a lot of stress as well.
    I just saw an article today and found out she is the younger sister of Demi Lovato. Very sad all the way around!

  5. #155
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,483

    Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

    i agree. the baby mixed up storyline started well but now the writers can't find a way out. And, i do not like the immigration storyline. Too easy for them to kill it out.

  6. #156
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

    Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;4108734;
    Given the issues that family has atm.. and has been having from the sounds of it.. it may be that there is a lot of stress as well.
    I have no clue as to what her story is. Fat children are a sad situation.

  7. #157
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4109761;
    I have no clue as to what her story is. Fat children are a sad situation.
    I barely know who Demi Lovato is but did hear she entered rehab for drugs and eating disorder.
    Then there's Eva Longoria's impending divorce.
    But none of that explains why the writers can't come up with a plausible storyline. It's disjointed and doesn't make sense.

  8. #158
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

    Either it was not well-planned, or it was actually planned to be a brief, fairly dull story arc ending with the quick departure of Grace's adoptive parents, and Grace joining the Solis family, with whatever repercussions that will occur among the girls being more interesting than how it all came about.

  9. #159
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,482

    Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

    Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4109860;
    I barely know who Demi Lovato is but did hear she entered rehab for drugs and eating disorder.
    Then there's Eva Longoria's impending divorce.
    But none of that explains why the writers can't come up with a plausible storyline. It's disjointed and doesn't make sense.
    You left out Lovato's "cutting" problem. They say that's an anxiety issue.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  10. #160
    FORT Fogey canadian_angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    the province with the really long name
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,714

    Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4110135;
    Either it was not well-planned, or it was actually planned to be a brief, fairly dull story arc ending with the quick departure of Grace's adoptive parents, and Grace joining the Solis family, with whatever repercussions that will occur among the girls being more interesting than how it all came about.
    I just call it lazy. Like a lot of the storylines have been lately. It seems lik the writers are just "mailing it in".

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.