+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

Yes, Paul is the REAL killer... as I recall anyway.

And I totally agree...Bree with canned whipped cream and a frozen turkey? No way on earth....

Bree was once rather prim about sex, but she's had a conversion (I still recall her saying, after her first recipient experience of oral sex, and loving it, "but I'm a Republican!" ). And she herself went through some, I feel like Mrs. Robinson and it isn't good, moments re her boyfriend, so it's not inconsistent... The food shortcuts though... that IS inconsistent! She's never loosened up in the kitchen as it were. (And at least re the whipped cream, she's right! No comparison!)

Quote Originally Posted by grapenuts;4105783;
    It's been a long time, but Paul did kill Martha, didn't he? Didn't he hit her with something (it seems like it was a kitchen appliance)? I could be totally thinking of something else.
    Smacked her with a blender. In his defense the vile woman was verbally attacking him at a very volatile time (right after his wife committed suicide) and it was her who set those events in action by sending the letter threatening Mary Alice (his late wife). I believe she was saying how she should have died or deserved it...something along those lines and Paul just snapped.

He has always been a bit creepy but ol' Martha Huber was a piece of crap and I'm not sure society had actually suffered much from the loss.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4106190;
    Smacked her with a blender. In his defense the vile woman was verbally attacking him at a very volatile time (right after his wife committed suicide) and it was her who set those events in action by sending the letter threatening Mary Alice (his late wife). I believe she was saying how she should have died or deserved it...something along those lines and Paul just snapped.

He has always been a bit creepy but ol' Martha Huber was a piece of crap and I'm not sure society had actually suffered much from the loss.
    Right... I agree, definitely provoked. She was pretty awful.... I wonder if her niece will figure that out....

I'm just happy that they have some interesting storylines because the show has become somewhat stale.
    The Paul and his wife (and her mother) story is very good.

I think showing prim and proper Bree as Mrs. Robinson with her own Benjamin makes it more interesting and yes, seems like we'll be getting something about her boyfriend's father and Bree. (although I'm still trying to figure out Bree's attractiveness with her bony body and that giant forehead!)

Gabby, lately, seems particularly bitchy to Carlos. I thought she realized how much she loved her husband after they split up.

It seems like they are setting the stage for something with Lynette's husband, Tom and Vanessa Williams' character. Didn't he cheat on Lynette once before?

Susan continues to drive me mad with her sappy stupidness (is that a word?).
    And her boobs look different. She's always had big boobs (naturally) but lately they seem more prominent. Boob lift, maybe? I know I read somewhere that she was on Jimmy Kimmel's talk show and commented on how her boobs have gotten bigger and claimed it was due to "method" acting. I know from experience that getting older, having babies and losing weight has negative results on big boobs. You lose that fullness at the top and I noticed that on her also during the years on Deperate Housewives but lately, hers have changed. And we'll probably never know the truth.

FORT Fogey

Thanks for clearing up that we saw Paul do the murder.

thedragonlady, I am with you, all the way, on Bree's attraction factor. She is a strange looking woman who needs bangs. I think Tom slept with Vanessa's character a long time ago. It may have been before he and Lynette were together as a couple but they have a history. He hasn't cheated on this show that I can remember.

what was the deal w that kid he had? wasn't she the result of an affair? or not?

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4106575;
    Thanks for clearing up that we saw Paul do the murder.

thedragonlady, I am with you, all the way, on Bree's attraction factor. She is a strange looking woman who needs bangs. I think Tom slept with Vanessa's character a long time ago. It may have been before he and Lynette were together as a couple but they have a history. He hasn't cheated on this show that I can remember.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;4106893;
    what was the deal w that kid he had? wasn't she the result of an affair? or not?
    I had forgotten about that girl. I think she was the product of a one night stand before he met Lynette.

No it was during his marriage to lynette. She was younger than the oldest boys wasn't she?

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kellyh;4107559;
    No it was during his marriage to lynette. She was younger than the oldest boys wasn't she?
    no she was just older. that was all before the jump. it was all prior to the marriage.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I'm finding the baby mix up story to be awkard, to say the very least. The writers seem to be struggling to make it work. At times, it's almost as if Celia (daughter #2) doesn't exist at all. The other mother rarely shows any interest for Juanita as compared to the Gabby/Grace relationship. The other mother didn't seem to be as torn to leave Juanita behind (fleeing from the authorities) as much as Gabby did.
    And ever since this story started, Gabby has reverted back to being quite bitchy to Carlos, who's looking darn good, I must say!!

It's just not working for me, sort of half baked idea.

+ Reply to Thread