+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 7)

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;4089896;
    my question is where did he get all that money?
    It was explained that Paul received financial compensation for being wrongfully convicted of Mrs. Huber's sister's faked death. I think the state compensated him.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fogey

I know that every soap-type show needs a good villain, but I can't stand Paul. He's so skeevy and evil that I don't even want to look at him. He bothers me even more than whacko Dave did a couple of seasons ago.

Also, as David Letterman can attest, no one can blackmail you unless you let him ... and big deal, Susan exhibited poor judgment in taking on that lingerie Internet job, but it's not like she murdered anyone. She was trying to help her child and husband by earning the money that they need (even for school lunches for MJ!), however poor a choice it was. If she comes clean with Mike and her close friends (Lynette already knows, and after a few minutes of shock, she got over it), all of whom love her and already know what a ditz she is, the worst that can happen is she loses her teaching job ... and apparently from the previews, we see that it happens anyway, no doubt thanks to Paul. So who's left that matters for Paul to tell? Beat him to the punch and just tell her loved ones, and he has nothing left to blackmail her with. Geez, Letterman did it on national TV and he's still going strong.

Lynette's story at least had some depth to it last night, and now I guess she and the family are going to have to take care of her MIL instead of the other way around.

Bree's story is just fluff unless they really go somewhere with the boyfriend, and I would like to see more of Gabby and Carlos' feelings about their biological daughter and how that will play out in a serious vein.

Last night's show was one of the funniest in a while. Gaby's one-liner about Bree's sex/opera comparison was a good one. Also, I loved all of the cracks on her nose job!

I've detested Vanessa Williams' character but liked seeing her chummy with Gaby. They are two of a kind! The Susan storyline is getting old though. In previews for next week, it looks as if she tells Mike that Paul is blackmailing her. If they send Mike off to jail again(for pounding Paul this time), I'm going to be irritated though.
    Last edited by lildago; 10-25-2010 at 04:55 PM.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

FORT Fanatic

Did anyone else notice that when Bre and her boyfriend went back to her house into the kitchen for strawberries and whipped cream, Bre took out what looked like a CAN of whipped topping! Hilarious. As if Bre would let that within a mile of HER gourmet kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;4090303;
    Last night's show was one of the funniest in a while. Gaby's one-liner about Bree's sex/opera comparison was a good one. Also, I loved all of the cracks on her nose job!

I've detested Vanessa Williams' character but liked seeing her chummy with Gaby. They are two of a kind! The Susan storyline is getting old though. In previews for next week, it looks as if she tells Mike that Paul is blackmailing her. If they send Mike off to jail again(for pounding Paul this time), I'm going to be irritated though.
    She is funny with Gaby but Im tired of them shoving the idea that she is so beautiful down our throats. Eva, yes...Vanessa..past her prime.

Poor Mike, he can do so much better than annoying, clumsy, ditzy Susan. I'd be happy if he broke it off so he could do BETTER.

i think she is still beautiful. she is supposed to be lynette's college roommate. would make no sense for her to be gaby's age.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4091717;
    She is funny with Gaby but Im tired of them shoving the idea that she is so beautiful down our throats. Eva, yes...Vanessa..past her prime.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Vanessa is beautiful, but she looks much older than 47. I think she has bad skin that causes her to look older. I love her!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4090096;
    Also, as David Letterman can attest, no one can blackmail you unless you let him ... and big deal, Susan exhibited poor judgment in taking on that lingerie Internet job, but it's not like she murdered anyone. She was trying to help her child and husband by earning the money that they need (even for school lunches for MJ!), however poor a choice it was..
    What's funny about that is being poor would automatically allow MJ to get free lunches at most schools, esp with her working at the school as she would know exactly what to do to get this provision.

And yes, SwissMiss150, I also had a good laugh at Bree, aka Betty Crocker, pulling out the whipped cream in a can. Totally out of character for her.

I gave up on this show, alas. These characters were -- for the most part -- intelligent, successful and engaging -- and now they are all -- without exception -- simpering ninnies.

However, I will continue to read this thread because you all are far more interesting that the show itself.

FORT Fogey

I still watch this show but with much less enthusiasm. Vanessa's character is exactly the same as she played on Ugly Betty. I got tired of it then and am REALLY tired of it now.

+ Reply to Thread