+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Jeopardy!

Re: Jeopardy!

Brad told a funny story about the son of another previous contestant being introduced to him and being told he was the all-time big money winner. Little tyke was not impressed and asked him where was Ken Jennings? He told that story during the two day finale. I wasn't watching during the time Brad racked up the money, but I was watching when Ken racked up his wins. I guess because of familiarity, I was rooting for Ken, but was happy with Brad's win. He'll probably never be caught for amount of money won now.

Another thing I liked in the last week of the tournament was how laid back the contestants were and how light they made a very tense situation.
    captain likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Julia Connors is now 2nd in number of wins to Ken Jennings with 20! She competes for 21 tomorrow...GO JULIA!!!!
    Ellen and JavaJo like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

She shuold play the IBM Watson computer sometime soon.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I get Jeopardy twice daily. The first is a repeat from last season. I always stop what I am doing to watch the 2nd for sure. I am excited for Julia, she is doing a fantastic job and at times seems so surprised when she gets the right answer. I hope she continues to win.
    There's no place like home!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Julia Connors is now 2nd in number of wins to Ken Jennings with 20! She competes for 21 tomorrow...GO JULIA!!!!
    The way this was worded made me think you were saying Ken's winning streak was 20. Immediately I jumped up saying "nuh uhn... Ken has seventy-something" lol

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Wow, no wonder I'm no longer writing. That should have been worded, Julia is now second in number of wins at twenty to Ken Jennings. **hangs head**

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

I was getting really nervous for Julia on Friday - she was in 2nd after the first round - and had a close final Jeopardy - but she pulled it out! I also, love when she surprises herself and gets the right answer!
    captain likes this.

Ahhh, it had to come to an end. The tell-tale sign that tonight would be the night was that Julia was interviewed by Robin on GMA in a short segment this morning.

So long, Julia...see you in a tournament of champions. 20 Games Won!!!!
    Ellen and captain like this.

Easiest freakin' Final Jeopardy question, too (at least for me, I had it before Alex finished reading it). And she missed it.

I don't know the book-heavy categories she was a whiz at, but I will ace an Oscar question any day.

She had a great run, but I'm ready for a few new winners before the season ends.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Well we have an Irish American with an interesting back story as the new daily champ. He should be fun for at least one more day.

+ Reply to Thread