+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Jeopardy!

FORT Fan

Re: Jeopardy!

Go Ben! I like watching him. Comes across as such a humble, likable guy. Hope he keeps his streak going!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

He lost yesterday.

Awww...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fan

Bummer!

The guy that beat him won again today. He got lucky both times as he trailed going into FJ.

By the way, of the nine games Ben played, he got all of his FJs right. Impressive.

The season ended with another Kids Week.

One guy, Skyler, won $66,600 in his game, breaking the Kids Week record. Good for him.

There's a lot of "controversy" though about another contestant (in the same game as Skyler) being penalized in FJ for misspelling "Emancipation Proclamation".

Big freakin' deal. He would have finished second either way. It's not like it affected the game or anything, so why make such a deal out of it. Gimme a break.

Next season starts in Sept, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    The season ended with another Kids Week.

One guy, Skyler, won $66,600 in his game, breaking the Kids Week record. Good for him.

There's a lot of "controversy" though about another contestant (in the same game as Skyler) being penalized in FJ for misspelling "Emancipation Proclamation".

Big freakin' deal. He would have finished second either way. It's not like it affected the game or anything, so why make such a deal out of it. Gimme a break.

Next season starts in Sept, I think.
    Even though it doesn't affect the game, it's kind of a pride thing. It would've bugged me -- especially since we're told both in the contestants' green room AND in the studio off-camera right before the FJ segment starts that spelling does NOT count against you (as long as your meaning is clear).

At least that's how it is in "normal" Jeopardy! -- I don't think the rule is different for "Kiddie Jeop"...

They say that misspelling is fine as long as it doesn't change the pronunciation, don't they?

He spelled it "emanciptation" or so.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    They say that misspelling is fine as long as it doesn't change the pronunciation, don't they?

He spelled it "emanciptation" or so.
    When I was on, spelling was only an issue if the misspelling changed the meaning. Believe me I remember crap like that!
    But that was 11 years ago, so rules may have changed?

The rules may have changed or if the kid showed some sort of attitude/disrespect they could've penalized him. I have wondered if the latter happened given what I've heard of his reaction. The protests afterward haven't endeared the show into changing their decision.apologizing and giving him the second place prize (I think he finished third).

I do remember watching an episode or two in recent years where the contestant's answer was disallowed because it was illegible. There I definitely agree - I mean - it's not that difficult to print an answer, even if you have to do block letters.
    Ellen likes this.

+ Reply to Thread