+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Jeopardy!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Jeopardy!

I'd love Anderson.

Drew made a bold move today. Betting it all on a Daily Double with $10,600. Unfortunately, he got it wrong. So all good things come to an end and he's out. Rob's our new champ.

The plot thickens:

Brian Williams & Dan Patrick Considered For Alex Trebek Replacement On ‘Jeopardy’, Matt Lauer & Anderson Cooper Also In Mix

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Friday March 15, 2013 @ 1:23pm PDT

Sony Pictures TV is casting a wide net in its search for a successor to Alex Trebek as host of one of the studio’s top properties, veteran game show Jeopardy!. I have learned that NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams and NBC Sports personality Dan Patrick are among those approached by the studio, along with embattled Today show co-host Matt Lauer and CNN’s Anderson Cooper. I hear all four have had exploratory conversations with Sony TV, though the studio is not actively pursuing anyone at the moment.

Sony TV’s succession plan for Jeopardy! became a hot topic today after the NY Post reported on Lauer and Cooper being in the mix for the job. With the exception of Patrick, who has presented at the Super Bowl and during the Summer Olympics, Jeopardy! would mark a step up in the ratings department for any of the candidates. Yesterday, Jeopardy! was the No. 1 program on any network among households in the nation’s top market, New York, where Williams, Lauer and Cooper are based. Jeopardy! averaged a 10.0 household rating, edging CBS’ primetime blockbuster The Big Bang Theory (9.1). Lauer’s Today drew less that a third of that, a 2.9 rating. Of course, hosting a syndicated game show, which often films a whole season worth of episodes in a stretch of a couple of months, could be a second job for a top anchor as proven by Meredith Vieira, who juggled hosting Who Wants To Be A Millionaire with her duties on The View and then Today.

Sony TV is not expected to move to serious discussions with potential new Jeopardy! hosts until given an indication by Trebek that he is ready to step down — the studio had made it clear to him that he will be the host for as long as he wants to. But Trebek, who has been emceeing Jeopardy! since its current version launched in 1984, is 72, and last summer suffered a second heart attack. His current contract expires in 2016, and with the show being such a ratings powerhouse, Sony wants to ensure a smooth transition for whenever Trebek asks his final question.
    Another source at The Wrap is claiming that Anderson Cooper hasn't been approached. We've got three more years of this to look forward to, folks. Get comfy.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 03-16-2013 at 01:33 AM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

As long as it is not a Kardashian or a Hantz, I will watch whom ever emcees.
    There's no place like home!

Jeff Probst used to host a spinoff version for VH-1, Rock & Roll Jeopardy, which focused on music questions.

I hope he doesn't get into the running -- his ego wouldn't fit into the studio.

I was thinking Harry Smith might be a good choice (used to be on The Early Show with Julie Chen).
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    The plot thickens:

Another source at The Wrap is claiming that Anderson Cooper hasn't been approached. We've got three more years of this to look forward to, folks. Get comfy.
    MFWalkoff:
    Thanks for all that info in your post.

I'm happy to see Meredith Viera mentioned. She's been one of my favorites for a long time. I watch her as often as possible on "Millionaire." I find her very down to earth and unpretentious an very knowledgable in many areas.

As well as very good with many different kinds of people such as the contestants on Millionaire.

CCL

I like Brian Williams. Harry Smith would be all right, too. No on Lauer,Cooper or Probst. I don't know who Dan Patrick is and I'm uncertain about Meredith Viera.

I like the new winner, Rob.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I liked Jeff Probst on Rock & Roll Jeopardy! I remember seeing him on that well before Survivor. I think he'd do a good job as a Trebek replacement.

I doubt any serious news person would ever take a gig like this, so I don't think Brian Williams or Harry Smith would even consider it. Same with Anderson Cooper. He's got too much on his plate already.

Matt Lauer is waning in popularity so I doubt they would hire him. Plus, he's so arrogant, he'd probably deem it beneath him.
    Ellen likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I have one name to help Matt Lauer keep things in perspective, Bryant Gumbel. He did a similar thing with Jane Pauley and quickly fell from grace and off the radar. These guys really don't get it, and neither do the male executives who think that it's the women who are the problem!
    CupidGuest likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Rob won again last night. He's a 2-time champ now.

FORT Fan

I know this is a question about something that happened a few weeks ago but it is still bugging me.

Does anyone else think that the Tournament of Champions winner was wearing a coat that was way too big for him especially in the shoulders? It looked like the shoulder pads for the coat were way past his shoulders and that's why they were drooping.

I really liked him and his"quirkiness" and am sad to think he could not afford a sutcoat/sports coat that fit.

There's a photo of him in post #211 which shows how wrinkled the arms and shoulders of his coat were when he moved his arms but even that does not give the complete picture of just how droopy and oversized the coat seemed to be.

+ Reply to Thread