+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 67
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Blue Bloods

  1. #31
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,369

    Re: Blue Bloods

    It’s silly that Jamie is undercover and still walking a beat – that wouldn’t happen.

    Another beef is whenever Danny catches a perp he only has to threatened to hit the guy, or hit him once to get information out of him.

    Overall, I like the show, but could do without the sappy family dinners. But I guess if not for those scenes, Len, Amy and the kids wouldn’t have work.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  2. #32
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Blue Bloods

    It really does seem silly that he's undercover, walking a beat and the PC's son. He absolutely would have been recognized. Also, one of the things the media would want to do is interview the (pseudo) hero's partner.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  3. #33
    9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,793

    Re: Blue Bloods

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I love this show! I'm surprised it gets so little attention here at FORT. Last night's episode exemplified everything I love about this show. Good police work, love of family and people sacrificing themselves for others.
    I really love this show, too, and it is one of the few shows my husband and I enjoy watching together. There's only so much Speed channel a gal can watch after all. Anyway, I was late coming to the show, having missed the first season and was wondering if someone could tell me how the older Reagan son died? Did he die serving his country, on the force, or was he a victim of 9/11?

    Some have mentioned not liking the family dinners but I love seeing the family dynamic plus it gives the wonderful Len Cariou something to do. I'm not bothered by Nikki's very short haircut and think she is lovely but my husband always, always remarks about it every episode as he is not a fan!
    Uncle David likes this.

  4. #34
    Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    On the edge
    Posts
    5,623

    Re: Blue Bloods

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Anyway, I was late coming to the show, having missed the first season and was wondering if someone could tell me how the older Reagan son died? Did he die serving his country, on the force, or was he a victim of 9/11?
    Wikipedia has this background info...

    Frank's middle son, Joseph, was an NYPD police detective who died in the line of duty. Joe was involved with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) investigating a group of dirty cops, who were operating within a fraternal organization called the "Blue Templar". Joe was murdered by these dirty cops when his covert investigation into their corruption was getting too close.

    A running thread through the first season is Jamie's picking up Joe's investigation. The FBI tried to recruit Jamie, but he instead conducted his own covert investigation into Joe's death. Joe's murderers try to kill Jamie by tampering with the brakes on his car, but fail. Jamie then informs his father Frank, his brother Danny, and his grandfather Henry about his suspicions after the attempt on his life.

    Along with Erin, they join together and complete Joe's investigation of the Blue Templar. After gathering sufficient evidence to obtain arrest warrants, Frank leads a team of police officers, including Danny and Jamie, and they arrest all the corrupt cops at a covert meeting while the dirty cops are dividing up stolen drug money. A detective named Sonny Malevsky (Michael T. Weiss), who was leading the gang of dirty cops, admits to killing Joe, but Malevsky commits suicide with his own service pistol after confessing to the murder.


    I also love the family dinners!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

  5. #35
    9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,793

    Re: Blue Bloods

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Wikipedia has this background info...

    Frank's middle son, Joseph, was an NYPD police detective who died in the line of duty. Joe was involved with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) investigating a group of dirty cops, who were operating within a fraternal organization called the "Blue Templar". Joe was murdered by these dirty cops when his covert investigation into their corruption was getting too close.

    A running thread through the first season is Jamie's picking up Joe's investigation. The FBI tried to recruit Jamie, but he instead conducted his own covert investigation into Joe's death. Joe's murderers try to kill Jamie by tampering with the brakes on his car, but fail. Jamie then informs his father Frank, his brother Danny, and his grandfather Henry about his suspicions after the attempt on his life.

    Along with Erin, they join together and complete Joe's investigation of the Blue Templar. After gathering sufficient evidence to obtain arrest warrants, Frank leads a team of police officers, including Danny and Jamie, and they arrest all the corrupt cops at a covert meeting while the dirty cops are dividing up stolen drug money. A detective named Sonny Malevsky (Michael T. Weiss), who was leading the gang of dirty cops, admits to killing Joe, but Malevsky commits suicide with his own service pistol after confessing to the murder.


    I also love the family dinners!
    Wow, seems like quite a lot happened that first season. Thanks for filling me in, Uncle David!

  6. #36
    would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    45
    Posts
    4,896

    Re: Blue Bloods

    If you get a chance to see the first season, you must. The Blue Templar storyline was good and the season finale that year (entitled "the Blue Templar") was excellent.
    Uncle David likes this.

  7. #37
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,369

    Re: Blue Bloods

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Some have mentioned not liking the family dinners but I love seeing the family dynamic plus it gives the wonderful Len Cariou something to do. I'm not bothered by Nikki's very short haircut and think she is lovely but my husband always, always remarks about it every episode as he is not a fan!
    for me it's not just the short haircut (I had the pixie when i was a kid). I don't care for the actress in general. I was happy to miss the epi a couple weeks back that featured Nicki. She is the only cast member I would replace if I had a say.
    FireWoman and Uncle David like this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  8. #38
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    710

    Re: Blue Bloods

    I totally agree about the Nikki character. I just don't like the actress. On the other side, I LOVE the actress who plays Linda. More of her please!!! A little trivia...the actress who plays the sister was in a relationship with Tom Brady...in fact they have a son together.
    FireWoman likes this.

  9. #39
    Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    On the edge
    Posts
    5,623

    Re: Blue Bloods

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25 View Post
    I LOVE the actress who plays Linda. More of her please!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25 View Post
    ...the actress who plays the sister was in a relationship with Tom Brady...in fact they have a son together.
    Too bad! I really liked her.

    At least she came to her senses!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

  10. #40
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    710

    Re: Blue Bloods

    He dumped her before they knew she was pregnant. She was smart enough to not take him back. In fact the kid's name is Jonathan Edward Thomas Monahan (JET). ha ha since he plays for the Patriots and the Jets play in the same division.
    Uncle David likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.