+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Blue Bloods

Re: Blue Bloods

Thought I had read somewhere that the holdup for renewal was that the producers wanted to change the story line into more of a police one with less family tags and that Tom Selleck fought to continue to keep the two intertwined. I hope he won out, as that's what makes this one different than so many other cop shows. Glad it got renewed!
    Uncle David likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I'm glad it got renewed, too.
    THe family part, for me, is one of the best parts of the show. It makes it a bit more real.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Dh will be glad. He loves it.I thought I read it hadn't been renewed.Thanks for the info

FORT Fanatic

Yeah it's officially coming back...same day and time. I can't wait for next season now that the Blue Templar issue has been resolved.

I'm glad it was renewed and with the family included. It wouldn't be the same show without it. I don't want too much of it, but the balance they had this year was good.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

So I didn't watch this throughout the season but CBS started replaying them so I DVRd them and watched them in order. They only missed 2. I absolutely LOVE this show. I actually really like the family dinners. I love the dynamic between Danny & Erin - they butt heads but have a lot of respect for each other. I like Jamie too - he's a good character - not quite Danny but still bold enough. I like Amy Carlson - loved her on Third Watch - so was nice to see her. Only thing I don't like (and this is SO superficial) is Erin's daughter is such a pretty kid - why do they make her look like a BOY????

Anyway glad this was renewed. Tom Selleck is just so commanding and love him in the role. Looking forward to season 2. I was glad they wrapped up the Blue Templar because they didn't know if they'd get renewed. I'm looking forward to Friday night!

I'm curious to see how the second season plays out. I've read that they're somewhat changing the format of the show. If I remember correctly they're making each episode more stand alone. I'm not sure if it'll change the feel, but I hope not.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I love this show! I'm surprised it gets so little attention here at FORT. Last night's episode exemplified everything I love about this show. Good police work, love of family and people sacrificing themselves for others.
    AmyKay likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

It's my favorite show that is on tv at the moment. I, admittedly, would watch anything that lets me see Donnie Wahlberg every week, but the stories and acting of the whole cast keep me around.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I love this show! I'm surprised it gets so little attention here at FORT. Last night's episode exemplified everything I love about this show. Good police work, love of family and people sacrificing themselves for others.
    absolutely. Definitely one of my favorite shows on TV. Tom Selleck is phenomenal as the patriarch. I do love Baker (his assistant). The family dinner scenes are my favorite.

The only thing that does annoy me is that I don't think they would have ever put Jamie in that situation (undercover) because he's so well known - his face would be recognizable, especially to people in the mob - they're going to make sure they know who they're dealing with. But besides that, I love the show (although I wish Nikki the young daughter would do something with her hair so she doesn't look like a boy!)
    Uncle David likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast