+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hellcats

Hellcats

I know, I know..I shouldn't like this. For some reason, though, I do!

The first episode annoyed the heck out of me because of how predictable and like every-single-other-cheerleading-movie out there is.

But now, Gale Harold's on the show, as well as some other 'eye candy' for both you guys and gals. It's one of my new guilty pleasures of the season.

Is anyone else watching?

Re: Hellcats

I've been watching too! I always need a little guilty pleasure TV courtesy of the CW. I'm over Gossip Girl and 90210 and the folks on One Tree Hill are probably in their 40's by now, right? These shows have a pretty short run when they're any good. After a few seasons, they get stale, imo.

I'm enjoying this one for what it is. It's not deep or challenging and it's certainly not going to win any Emmys, but it's entertaining. Plus, there's nothing on opposite this show that I'm interested in, so I'll keep watching.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

LOL I have it recorded, I love cheesy guilty pleasures and I sort of like the blond girl Aly? from her time on Disney and her and her sister are one of the few Disney "groups" that can actually sing and record their own music. Yes, I own one of their CD's and it's not bad (some of it is but it's much better than what the other Disney singers are putting out).

Glad to see I'm not the only one watching it.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

LOL, I thought I was the only one on here watching this. Hubby will not watch this or Glee with me. Says they are stupid, but I love both of them
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Sadly, I'll admit to really enjoying it too Although unlike you Crit, this is the most jam packed hour of the entire week for me - my DVR won't cover it all. I'll be watching, but this will be on-line viewing.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I'm so glad I'm not alone! Now I don't feel as guilty.

Who wants to bed Professor Lawyer (aka Gale Harold) will be resisting the urge to date the "cheerleader" he proclaims to not tolerate.

Was that a Freudian slip? "Who wants to bed Professor Lawyer". I don't know, I'd hope they come up with something more original than that old and used up plot line. Then again, this show is all about the guilty pleasure and not about anything stimulating (other than well the eye candy lol) so they probably will.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

So glad to see I'm not the only one enjoying this show! Yes, it's a predictible and totally unrealistic (well except for how seriously intense cheerleading competitions can be). However, GG has become so boring, so this show has become my new "won't admit to anyone that I watch it" show. I wish CW allowed their shows to be shown on sites like hulu and fancast though. I don't have a DVR, and I HAVE to watch Modern Family with my kids during Hellcats' timeslot. I end up having to wait for the CW to post the show online which is often up to a full week after its aired. While I enjoyed Aly on "Phil of the Future" (had to watch that one with the kids when they were younger), I'm pleasantly surprised by Ashley Tisdale and her understated performance. HSM and Suite Life were so campy and over the top that I just assumed she wouldn't be good in this role, but am glad to see I was wrong. Her character is the real "heart" of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by lark37;4067806;
    So glad to see I'm not the only one enjoying this show! Yes, it's a predictible and totally unrealistic (well except for how seriously intense cheerleading competitions can be). However, GG has become so boring, so this show has become my new "won't admit to anyone that I watch it" show. I wish CW allowed their shows to be shown on sites like hulu and fancast though. I don't have a DVR, and I HAVE to watch Modern Family with my kids during Hellcats' timeslot. I end up having to wait for the CW to post the show online which is often up to a full week after its aired. While I enjoyed Aly on "Phil of the Future" (had to watch that one with the kids when they were younger), I'm pleasantly surprised by Ashley Tisdale and her understated performance. HSM and Suite Life were so campy and over the top that I just assumed she wouldn't be good in this role, but am glad to see I was wrong. Her character is the real "heart" of the show.
    I hate that too. I've ended up dropping several shows because I missed a few episodes and couldn't catch up. Totally foolish on their part, imo.

I think this show will become my guilty pleasure. It's not rocket science, but it's well done for what it is.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;4067620;
    Was that a Freudian slip? "Who wants to bed Professor Lawyer". I don't know, I'd hope they come up with something more original than that old and used up plot line. Then again, this show is all about the guilty pleasure and not about anything stimulating (other than well the eye candy lol) so they probably will.
    I would have to say it most certainly was! I've loved him on virtually every show he's been on!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast