+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hellcats

Re: Hellcats

Not only does the CW not allow their shows to be on Hulu or Fancast, but when they do put them up on their site, their commercials are SO annoying and long.

I can watch Modern Family online at the above mentioned sites. Maybe I'll let the rest of the family watch it live and sneak down to my other TV and watch Hellcats. I'm enjoying it so far although as I said earlier, I'm more impressed with Ashley Tisdale and more interested in her character than with Aly's Marty at this point. Although the possibility that Marty could have feelings for Dan other than friendship or the possibility of her getting involved with her hot law professor should make her a little more interesting. Right now, I don't feel any empathy for Marty or her irritating mom.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I'm watching too. Like the premise of the show and LOVE Professor Lawyer guy, esp. when he was talking to the Sheriff this past episode, and he definitely looks like a bed-able Prof. Part of me wishes Ashley Tisdale was a mean girl, though--she's so good at being 'bad'...but I still like her character.

I find the show really interesting b/c as a former collegiate v-ball player, I've always been one of those people who never considered cheerleading a sport. But watching it and learning what they do behind the scenes (as staged and perhaps overembellished as it is) makes me rethink it all...course I sided with the v-ball team getting the $$ over them though.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

So I finally watched (why do all my posts here start like this? Seriously, I need more hours in my day so I can watch stuff live!) and I loved it. LOVED it. I'm as excited about this show as I was during season one of Wildfire. Yes, I was one of the 5 people who watched that show because season 1 was awesome and then it fell apart. I'm hoping this show doesn't do the same or go the icky route of all the other shows like this one. I see hints of that happening with the previews next week and the descent into violence. I don't do violent shows, if I wanted that I'd watch one of the 18 million cop/police/crime dramas out there. I want a weekly dose of fluff where I can just admire the eye candy and not give it too much thought.

Please stay my guilty pleasure, Hellcats, and don't make me actually have to start thinking.

And yes, ladies, I agree. The professor is totally bed-able. Anybody else find it convenient the parallel storylines? The cheerleader probably having an affair with her professor while her coach had an affair with her "professor" at the same age? Any takers that the hot professor is married and that is why we never saw inside his house?

Oh and think that Ashley's character won't always stay so "golly gee good." That storyline is almost too predictable.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I didn't catch the beginning & was too tired to rewind. What was the guy in prison for? What were they trying to do for him?
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;4078996;
    I didn't catch the beginning & was too tired to rewind. What was the guy in prison for? What were they trying to do for him?
    Has to do with a "case" that the law professor is working on and the Group of students who are helping with it. (marti being one of those students)

I love this show..when I first saw the advertisements for it..I thought "You are kidding me!" But after watching one episode I am hooked!

Kind of felt bad for Savanna in the hotel room. Marti should have been honest with her. Next week looks good
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I wish it wouldn't have turned out that way, but I knew as soon as Marti was talking about it that it would wind up hurting Savanna.

So glad Marti was able to get Travis out of jail. I think they have a strong bond. Can't wait to see the star football player in jail

I felt badly for the kid. It was an initation prank ... a really badly planned and carried out prank. What happened to humiliation? Tying someone naked to a tree? Harmless to everyone but the intended victim. A crime? Robbery of controlled substances? omg. I'm so glad to see the jackass football coach/administrator out on his butt without a pension. He broke every rule and went unchecked for years. see ya!
    Everything was tied up into a nice little bow last night. They can either start a new season with fresh storylines or cancel the series.

eta: there are still at least 2 more episodes set to air. I like this show.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Shoot! I totally missed last night's episode and, while I'm happy to know everyone got what was coming to them, I want to watch the episode. The stupid CW may get the episode up by next Tuesday
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast