+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Detroit 1-8-7

Detroit 1-8-7

I was just wondering if anyone watched this and what your thoughts are.

I've been looking forward to it since I found out it was being filmed here in the Detroit area. Some places were recognizable, others not at all. Some characters were believable, others not at all.

My rambling thoughts:

I liked how the scenes had little "sub-titles" similar to Law & Order.
    I also liked how "real" they made the characters, for example, two of the detectives sitting in a coney island debating whether ketchup belongs on a coney dog. You'd never see Stabler and Fin on L&O SVU doing that.

I feel that they made the main character, Fitch, to be a tough-as-nails "Andy Sipowitz" type that still has a soft spot buried deep inside.

The plot was pretty predictable. My husband and I both shouted out what was gonna happen next on several occasions.

I hope they change the opening and add a theme song, because I didn't like how it was done.

I am looking forward to watching it next week and hope it gets more believable.

FORT Newbie

Re: Detroit 1-8-7

I watched it! I mean I stayed awake and actually "watched" it. So far, out of all the new programs starting, this was my favorite. Like the cast, like the script and liked the they way it was filmed. So far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;4066404;
    I've been looking forward to it since I found out it was being filmed here in the Detroit area. Some places were recognizable, others not at all. Some characters were believable, others not at all.
    I have yet to watch it but can't wait. I've heard good things.

FYI, a majority of the premiere was filmed in Atlanta - the rest of the episode/ series shot fully in Detroit. That may be why some of the areas where unrecognizable.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I really liked it! The writing was good, and it was good to see Michael Imperioli (Christopher Moltisanti of The Sopranos) again. It tickled me how he'd call his rookie partner on the cell phone even if he was standing right next to him. Loved it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I enjoyed it too! I really liked several of Michael's scenes. The one where he just stared at the suspect was also great!

I really liked this one...more than I thought I would. Michael I. was great, loved his interaction with his partner, and his obvious crush on the female cop (though "crush" is probably the wrong word for his character). I'm looking forward to a good triangle subplot between those two and the (very ) good looking undercover cop - who is now her partner...and clearly happy about it. I also liked the way the two stories converged - and the ending....did not see that coming. And French Dip, the older cop was right...ketchup definitely does not go on a Coney dog
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Oh see, I thought the partner was actually dead. Now that would have a bold move for the series opener
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

i thought the premiere was meh...

the 2nd episode was better

I'm a Motown gal, so had to give it a try. I never saw Michael Imperioli in anything before Life On Mars, and I loved his character on that. Love his character on this new show. Never realized how ruggedly handsome he is! <3

I like the show, but there are just so many cop shows on the air now, it's hard not be formulaic. Hope it lasts. Liked the music.

Wow, is this rambling. I need to eat some lunch!

I like it so far! Watched both epi's and will continue!
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast