+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Detroit 1-8-7

Re: Detroit 1-8-7

Loved the finale! Although, I fear like some have said, it looks like a series finale, not a season finale. This is a crime. Detroit 187 had me really wanting more, more, MORE!!!!!

Has anyone heard anything yet regarding the chances of it coming back next season? Please!!!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Anyone know if this show is coming back next season?
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    Anyone know if this show is coming back next season?
    I think we'll find out sometime in May....

ABC cancelled it.

ABC cancels crime drama 'Detroit 1-8-7' | detnews.com | The Detroit News

ABC cancels crime drama 'Detroit 1-8-7'
    Melissa Burden and Susan Whitall / / The Detroit News
    Jason Richman, a writer, creator and executive producer for "Detroit 1-8-7," confirmed today that ABC has canceled the Detroit-filmed show.

Network officials, Richman said, were complimentary of the show and told him it was a hard decision for them to make.

"Detroit 1-8-7" actor Shaun Majumder reported the cancellation on his Twitter feed this afternoon, tweeting, "Well it looks like Detroit 1-8-7 is finished on ABC. Here's to a great season with an incredible cast. Thankful for what we did. Tnx Dtroit!"

Actress Aisha Hinds, who plays Lt. Maureen Mason on the show, said her goodbyes to Detroit by tweeting, "Dear 313/248-You added a layer to my life!!!! Ai got Deep Down D-LOVE 4 u ALWAYSSSS!!!!!!!!"

ABC executives had said a decision would be made on the show's future in May, and indeed it was, according to Entertainment Weekly. Also canceled were "Brothers & Sisters," "V," "No Ordinary Family," "Off the Map" and "Mr. Sunshine."

But there might be a cable reprieve for "1-8-7," which after its first episode was filmed entirely ó and vividly ó in Detroit. By saying "finished on ABC," Majumder, who plays Detective Vikram Mahajan on the crime show, seemed to refer to earlier reports from the show's producers that it was possible the series could find a home on cable TV, as NBC's "Southland" did when it re-emerged successfully on TNT.

I hope this show gets a second chance. I really started to enjoy more with each show.

THIS tics me off. More so than any other canceled show this season. Well, really since they canceled Jericho. This was one of the best cop dramas on tv and they ax it. Ugh.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Wow, what a mistake on ABCs part. They cancelled a great show. I hope a bunch of people get together and write to them. I'd love for them to reconsider
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I read recently that some of the changes Detroit was making to their film tax credits also had decent influence in not renewing.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I read recently that some of the changes Detroit was making to their film tax credits also had decent influence in not renewing.
    That could have had an impact. It's actually the State of Michigan and their new governor who slashed the flim tax credit from $100 million in 2010 to only $25 million in 2011. It scared a lot of people away which is a shame.

I wanted to share this link with everyone - it's a farewell letter from one of the actors - he also brings up the tax credit thing: A farewell letter to Detroit from a '1-8-7' star | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

McDaniel's farewell letter

Dear Paris of the Midwest,

We will miss you.

Together we did some things we should all be very proud of.

We employed more people of color than any show in the history of national network television.

We had blacks and whites working shoulder to shoulder and it was frictionless.

We froze our tokhes to the bone until ungodly hours of the morning -- and lived to laugh about it.

We created a drama most critics confirmed as one of the best of the season.

We started our relationship skeptical of each other, settled our differences, then got on with the business at hand.

We showed the world what the D really looked like. We taught each other. And most of all, we got some folks paid!

Alas, our love affair was short-lived. ...

I think it was because not enough found out how truly beautiful we were together. I think sometimes when you break the mold the mold breaks you. I think sometimes when you lose your incentives, you lose your incentive.

The governor asked the wrong people if the tax break was good for Michigan. Those folks were already getting paid.

I think if the governor had vision he would have seen the people of Michigan gaining not only financially, but emotionally, artistically, and creatively. He would have seen the opportunity to promote the state worldwide as well as the tarnished image of Detroit. The tangible as well as the intangible.

I think when you fall in love there are no guarantees, and life isn't fair.

Thank you, Detroit, for giving me one of the best years of my life. I will always remember you fondly.

Yours truly,

James McDaniel
    Last edited by football_chick; 05-17-2011 at 07:52 AM. Reason: updated info

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    That could have had an impact. It's actually the State of Michigan and their new governor who slashed the flim tax credit from $100 million in 2010 to only $25 million in 2011. It scared a lot of people away which is a shame.
    Thank you for the info. Yikes, that is a big difference.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast