+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: Hawaii 5-0 remake

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Hawaii 5-0 remake

I watched this because I like the ostensible star from his vampire series, and "Jin" from LOST, but the break out character is the partner I think, so far. And "Jin"'s "cousin" is a pretty appealing actress as well I think.
    I thought I remembered the original show as being a basic police show...this group seems to be a Rambo-esque crowd who are allowed to do whatever they want, legalities be damned.

Apologies if there is aleady a thread for this.

Re: Hawaii 5-0 remake

I think that may be the intention? I've heard that this is supposed to be a "2.0" version... so perhaps they're going for bigger, bolder, and more action?

I enjoyed it. It has plenty of eye-candy to keep me interested and I wasn't bored by it so at least it held my attention and that is very hard to do! I do have a bit of a hard time with the whole above the law blanket statement the governor laid out for them. I'll have to see what happens in the next episode to see where they take things.

I liked it, too. I don't know all that much about Alex O'Loughlin, but I love Daniel Dae Kim, and Scott Caan is almost as talented as his dad. Both gave stand out performances. I also did not know much about Grace Park, but I liked her character, too. It was nice to see Jean Smart as the governor, which was a recurring role in the old show and I assume it will be again.

I'll be watching this updated version.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;4065802;
    I liked it, too. I don't know all that much about Alex O'Loughlin, but I love Daniel Dae Kim, and Scott Caan is almost as talented as his dad. Both gave stand out performances. I also did not know much about Grace Park, but I liked her character, too. It was nice to see Jean Smart as the governor, which was a recurring role in the old show and I assume it will be again.

I'll be watching this updated version.
    Alex was Mick on Moonlight and Dr. Andy on Three Rivers.. both CBS shows.. he was also in the backup plan with JLo. He really has an awesome aussie accent

The show was a little intense & violent for me, but it was the Pilot. The premise of the Governor appointing a man she didn't know (or barely knew), who just got off a plane for a funeral, to run, appoint & totally control a No-Holds-Barred taskforce like that, at the drop of the hat, with total access to all sorts of information & equipment, was ridiculously far fetched.
    But, I reeeeaaaallly want to like this show. I've been excited about it ever since the previews started.
    I loved the main 4 characters & the Governor. The character chemistry is great, and after all, it IS Hawaii.
    I hope it tones down a bit, but I will definitely be watching for a few weeks at least.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I normally stay away from the violent shows, too, but I didn't mind this one. There was a lot of character interaction that bodes well for the future, and they did inject some humor throughout the show.

I read somewhere today that Josh Holloway had been under consideration for the part of McGarrett, but they decided not to pair two ex-Losties. Personally, I wish they had. I think Josh would have made a great McGarrett and he has great screen chemistry with Daniel. Ah well. I'm not the casting director.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree, Josh would have been good, but the guy they got is great also.

I noticed they had Daniel Dae Kim say that he was older than the star...that is, the star came along and broke all his records at school (football? high school?). And I have to say he does look older than he did on LOST, something about the skin on his neck. I hope he gets more of a role in future episodes.

Yeah, I was surprised it was a little violent as well. But I like it and the characters. Scott did stand out though.

elk

I really enjoyed it. This show was exactly what I expected: Buddy cops, sarcastic one-liners, beautiful scenery, good-looking cast, plot full of holes! It is exactly what I'd like to see on my dvr every week and a good pairing with The Event, which will take more focus for me to watch.

All in all - lots of fun!
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

I wanted to watch this! But I keep forgetting about it, my memory is completely gone. I wonder if they have it online and really have to make a note for myself to DVR it every week.

I don't know about the violence though, I normally steer clear of those types of shows. Hopefully they tone it down or I may decide not to keep it on the list (if I ever actually remember to put it on it haha).
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1234567891011 ... LastLast