+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: Hawaii 5-0 remake

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Hawaii 5-0 remake

Hawaii 5-0 without Steve McGarrett? It's like Once Upon A Time without Rumplestiltskin!

But, it looks like it might be happening.

Apparently, Alex O'Loughlin needs treatment (aka rehab) and will take time off to "receive supervised treatment for prescription pain medication" which he took for a shoulder injury.

Wishing him all the best for a full recovery.

'Hawaii 5-0' star Alex O'Loughlin to seek drug treatment | Inside TV | EW.com
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

At least Danno will be booked while McGarrett is away. More time to develop his character.
    It looks like it will only be one episode and even if it were two, that's easily facilitated in a story line ... I hope. I really, really like this generation of the show and liked the first generation as well. Maybe it's the theme song ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Best wishes to him! Post-op/post-injury pain meds are a delicate, two-edged sword.

And I love the theme music! I'm glad that the redux didn't change the intro much!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I can remember when the first generation was on. I would have been about 5 when it started. My mother would allow me to turn up the volume and dance. Wasn't allowed to watch the show and normally, the volume knob never moved, but it was something I remember looking forward too way back when. These days I look forward to seeing Alex more than I wanna shake my hips.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I still have the 45 of the Hawaii 5-0 theme song....played it alll the time along with my Andy Gibb & Shaun Cassidy singles!

Best wishes to Alex O'Laughlin....I'll miss seeing him but Daniel Dae Kim and Scott Caan will fill in nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by french dip View Post
    I still have the 45 of the Hawaii 5-0 theme song....played it alll the time along with my Andy Gibb & Shaun Cassidy singles!

Best wishes to Alex O'Laughlin....I'll miss seeing him but Daniel Dae Kim and Scott Caan will fill in nicely.
    Very nicely, indeed!
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I just watched last night;s episode online and thoroughly enjoyed seeing James and Scott Caan working together. They look so much alike and their interaction really worked for me. Since James' character lives on the island, I hope they will use him as a recurring character,
    Me, too! He did offer to help after all! Maybe he can fill in for Alex!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Hawaii 5-0 without Steve McGarrett? It's like Once Upon A Time without Rumplestiltskin!

But, it looks like it might be happening.

Apparently, Alex O'Loughlin needs treatment (aka rehab) and will take time off to "receive supervised treatment for prescription pain medication" which he took for a shoulder injury.

Wishing him all the best for a full recovery.

'Hawaii 5-0' star Alex O'Loughlin to seek drug treatment | Inside TV | EW.com
    Aww..hopefully he'll get well and get back soon. I needs me my Steve McGarrett.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

The McGarrett character is my least favorite on the show; I have found myself much more interested in Chen, Danno, and Kona from the beginning. McGarrett is important though if only for the history of the show. Perhaps he can be written off on a mission until O'Loughlin is able to return, maybe following up something about his father that he learns from Joe. It's doable.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I heard on Entertainment Tonight last night that Alex will only miss one show.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread