+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: Hawaii 5-0 remake

Re: Hawaii 5-0 remake

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I like it, too, and agree about the excellent ensemble cast, made even better with the addition of Terry O'Quinn's recurring character. I record both this and Castle for future repeat watching. What I don't like is that CBS refuses to stream its good shows or make them available On Demand.
    You can watch Hawaii 5-0 online at cbs.com. (I'm not sure about Castle.) And I think it's also available on FIOS On Demand, but I'd have to check.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    You can watch Hawaii 5-0 online at cbs.com. (I'm not sure about Castle.) And I think it's also available on FIOS On Demand, but I'd have to check.
    Thanks, TripleGemini. Castle is available On Demand, usually about a day after it airs. All the ABC shows are. CBS isn't even an option, at least not on my tv provdier, Cox.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Thanks, TripleGemini. Castle is available On Demand, usually about a day after it airs. All the ABC shows are. CBS isn't even an option, at least not on my tv provdier, Cox.
    Ah, the ol' provider dilemma ;-) Fox has just started making a couple of shows available On Demand for us, so I kinda know what you mean.

Can you watch online?

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Ah, the ol' provider dilemma ;-) Fox has just started making a couple of shows available On Demand for us, so I kinda know what you mean.

Can you watch online?
    I can for most shows, but CBS does make it difficult because they stream the episodes of what they choose to air online only for a short period of time usually. I just enjoy watching on my own time schedule and frequently watching a lot of episodes or even a season consecutively. It's why I choose to buy DVD sets of shows I want to watch more than once, but I do let the networks know that I won't be buying what they refuse to air online or on demand. My one small voice won't make a big difference, but I choose to try and make it heard.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Is anyone still watching this show? I need to vent about last night's episode. They basically plopped a Subway sandwich commercial right into the action. It wasn't just a brief glimpse of a Subway sandwich or restaurant. They actually had Steve and Co. talking to Kamekona (big shrimp-truck guy) as he sat at a table eating some Subway sandwiches. He even went on to describe each sandwich and talk about how he was eating them to lose weight. Ugh. I was ready to turn the TV off right then and there.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

wow and I was annoyed the first season about how the show was a big Chevy commercial! I haven't really been watching this season

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    wow and I was annoyed the first season about how the show was a big Chevy commercial! I haven't really been watching this season
    That's probably a good thing. If you were annoyed about the Chevy stuff, the Subway stuff would have had you throwing a shoe at your TV!
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Is anyone still watching this show? I need to vent about last night's episode. They basically plopped a Subway sandwich commercial right into the action. It wasn't just a brief glimpse of a Subway sandwich or restaurant. They actually had Steve and Co. talking to Kamekona (big shrimp-truck guy) as he sat at a table eating some Subway sandwiches. He even went on to describe each sandwich and talk about how he was eating them to lose weight. Ugh. I was ready to turn the TV off right then and there.
    It didn't really bother me probably because I'm used to the Subway placement on Chuck, another NBC show. I know that Chuck was basically saved by having Subway become a sponsor; I don't know if Hawaii 5-0 needed the money to the same extent. I do recall them having a lot of lingering shots of the Chevy insignia in the first season but haven't noticed it as much this season.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    It didn't really bother me probably because I'm used to the Subway placement on Chuck, another NBC show. I know that Chuck was basically saved by having Subway become a sponsor; I don't know if Hawaii 5-0 needed the money to the same extent. I do recall them having a lot of lingering shots of the Chevy insignia in the first season but haven't noticed it as much this season.
    The product placement with cars has been around forever on TV shows. The auto companies pay big bucks to showcase their brands. They have all the cars, or at least all the major characters' cars, good guys & bad, driving the same brand. The brand that's sponsoring the show.
    Watch other shows & pay attention to this. It's been going on for as long as I know of, & I've been around a while.

The Subway thing, on the other hand, stuck out to me too. It wasn't just product placement, it was a full Subway commercial!
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I know, the Subway placement was incredible!!! He even referred to Jared!! Of course then they had him say he'd ordered 5 of the footlongs...kind of defeating the purpose, but still. Worse than The BIggest Loser and Subway! Really, SUbway, if you are going to do this have it be more casual, like in CHuck.

+ Reply to Thread