+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: Hawaii 5-0 remake

Re: Hawaii 5-0 remake

Seeing that this is on the same time as Castle, I tape it & watch it over the weekend. So I just watched last week's episode.
    I'm liking this show more each week. They've toned the intensity & violence down just enough to keep the action strong, but not drive off people like me.
    I just love the 4 leads & their interaction with each other. The show seems to be fleshing out their characters little by little without beating us over the head with backstories.
    This is, so far, my favorite of the new shows.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Had this on in the background right now and heard a voice I recognized. The Chairman from Iron Chef America was just on the show talking to someone in Jail. I didn't really hear what he said but maybe he is going to play a bad guy. I'd never seen him in anything other than cooking shows. Interesting.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4126142;
    Had this on in the background right now and heard a voice I recognized. The Chairman from Iron Chef America was just on the show talking to someone in Jail. I didn't really hear what he said but maybe he is going to play a bad guy. I'd never seen him in anything other than cooking shows. Interesting.
    Great episode last night and it does look like Mark "The Chairman" will be playing the bad guy. He asked the guy in jail "How much does McGarret know about what his father was investigating before he was killed." The convict replied "Too much" and the Chairman replied. "We can't let that happen or we have to put a stop to that......something along that line. Looking forward to the continued story.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

"The Chairman" is playing Wo Fat, who was the arch-nemisis of McGarrett in the original show.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4126142;
    Before he was the Chairman, he was Mark Dacascos, action film actor. Most notably Only the Strong, Drive, Brotherhood of the Wolf, and Cradle 2 the Grave. He also starred in the TV version of The Crow.

Quote Originally Posted by misterteetoo;4126524;
    Before he was the Chairman, he was Mark Dacascos, action film actor. Most notably Only the Strong, Drive, Brotherhood of the Wolf, and Cradle 2 the Grave. He also starred in the TV version of The Crow.
    Yes, and that was pre-Dancing With the Stars, too. I'm eager to see what he does with the role of Wo Fat.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Last night's episode was far too predictable! Of course one of the dad's would pay. Of course the two "z-list" celebs would have bigger roles.

I do love the relationship that Alex and Scott seem to have developed!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Last night's episode was far too predictable! Of course one of the dad's would pay. Of course the two "z-list" celebs would have bigger roles.

Yes, you're right.. It was quite predictable, but I still enjoyed it. I do like the main cast a lot and their acting chemistry together.

I guessed quite early that the girl was in on it, not because of the actress, whom I'd never recognize, but because it seemed that way from the time she was found hiding.

I assume you're referring to Nick Lachey and Vanessa whoever as the "z-listers" and not to Ray Wise.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I assume you're referring to Nick Lachey and Vanessa whoever as the "z-listers" and not to Ray Wise.
    Yes I do love how they advertised Nick Lachey as guest starring when he had so few lines and even fewer when he wasn't wearing a mask or disguising his voice. Plus they didn't even advertised Vanessa Manillo

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post

I found most of it predictable but the kid being killed surprized me. I thought they might cut off a finger or ear or something but was surprized that he was killed. It felt bitter sweet in the end to see all the other kids coming home and knowing that one boy was dead.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

+ Reply to Thread