+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: Hawaii 5-0 remake

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Hawaii 5-0 remake

I was never a fan of "Catherine". We rarely see her being warm & fuzzy with "Steve", even though she is clearly his girlfriend. She's gone behind his back to do stuff she knew would upset him. Come on sweetie . . . he's a cop . . . he's gonna find out and he'll be even more PO'd because he found out the hard way.

She hasn't been out of the Navy for very long, so she can easily be 'recalled'.
    Florimel and Florimel like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

This show does seem to have problems with how to handle female Team members. We've had quite a few since the show first came on. Each & every one of them has been an awful fit, except for Kono, who fits as well as the guys do.

I've liked Catherine all along as McGarrett's girlfriend & as a Navy connection. Good character & a sharp woman. But as soon as she left the Navy, started her own firm & eventually joined the 5-0 Team, she's just been out of place.
    I'd like to see her rejoin the Navy & go back to being a frequent guest star like before.

For some reason, though, the show has been great at casting male characters, both regulars & recurring guests. Now Jorge Garcia's character is the latest good fit. But the women (except Kono) just all seem out of place or irritating.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think the other exception is Steve's mom---she comes and goes, but I love how he just can't wrap his mind around her. I had mixed feelings about Steve's sister.

Oh, and I love the little girl who plays Danno's daughter. Maybe it's just women of "dating age" that they have trouble with...women characters that no one is related to. One reason maybe that Kono fits in so well is that she is a cousin of one of the guys, and therefore "off limits" to the rest of the men for dating...she goes into the sister mode.
    Florimel and Miss Scarlet like this.

I don't see why her being Chen's cousin would put her off limits to any of the 5-0 men if both were interested. I've never understood that thinking. He knows she's a grown woman who's had relationships with men, some of the a lot more questionable than one of the team. I doubt it would be a problem for him. I just don't see any of them being her type, however, which would be the stumbling block for me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think way back at the start of the show Chen was kind of big brothery around her....just guessing why there's never ever any sexual tension around her...even when she's dressed up and they go Wow! it's done the way you would if it was your cousin or so, not like, hmmm just got my eyes opened here. Obviously this has been the writers' decision, that she won't be involved with any of them, and that puts her in the other better written females on the show, like McGarrett's mom, Danno's, daughter. It's the girlfriends they don't seem to do so well, or other female coworkers who could be girlfriends--the kind of visitors--they never seem to gell, as was mentioned above. Now Kono's boyfriend, despite the unlikely crime lord scion going straight story, I have no problems with--hopefully just not influenced by Adam's looks!

One more new character tidbit. With Catherine gone, a new female character will be coming aboard. She'll be a young female medical examiner that Max will be training and will apparently become a big part of the 5-0 team. Sounds interesting to me.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    One more new character tidbit. With Catherine gone, a new female character will be coming aboard. She'll be a young female medical examiner that Max will be training and will apparently become a big part of the 5-0 team. Sounds interesting to me.
    I read too, that this character will be McGarrett's possible new love interest.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Don't get too attached to her. Her days are probably numbered too.
    PWS likes this.

Another Lost alumnus will guest star in the upcoming season. It's William Mapother (Ethan Rom) and I'm looking forward to seeing him. I like him better than cousin Tom Cruise by a long shot.
    Ellen likes this.

I like him too. I just love the way so many of the Lost alumni have popped up on all sorts of other shows. They really were a good batch.
    Ellen, Florimel, PWS and 1 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread