+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: Hawaii 5-0 remake

Re: Hawaii 5-0 remake

I loved the end last night when the guys started doing the Magnum PI theme. Made me smile. Brought back fun memories. They were right, that scene was a blast from the past.
    march and Florimel like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I loved the end last night when the guys started doing the Magnum PI theme. Made me smile. Brought back fun memories. They were right, that scene was a blast from the past.
    I know, right???

On another high note, the show's been renewed for a season four. Not that I really doubted it would be, but sometimes one never knows about these things.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

If I'm not mistaken, it just got officially renewed for another season.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

New episode tonight - with guest star Aisha Tylor. Oh, and Wo Fat is back. Should be new episodes from now until the end of the season.

Florimel is correct, it has been renewed for the 2013-2014 season according to the Hawaii 5-0 page at CBS.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Seems like forever ago since there was a new episode. I enjoyed last nights show...I liked the reality show concept they used for the subplot.

And yes Wo Fat...his return should make for an interesting finale. I suspect mom McGarrett will be featured in some way as will Joe White.

How many more episodes left until the finale?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

LOLed at the commentary by "Fauxprah" [Aisha Tyler's character] during the soft-guitar intro on McGarrett: "...celebrated quarterback for the Fightin' Nuts of Kukui High..."
    How did I not notice this before?
    Hawaii Five-O High School - Kukui High School Hawaii Alumni
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I was kinda bored with the format of last night's show. Not sure where that idea came from, but I hope they don't do it again. Yes, she (Savannah aka Aisha) helped to point in the Wo Fat direction, but the whole thing felt like constant interruptions.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I very much enjoyed last night's episode. I'm generally not a big fan of Aisha, but I thought this was a fun format and that it accurately portrayed how invasive these talk shows are and how they feel justified in going where they don't belong. It also brought a little light-heartedness to a very dark story line. I also liked how it featured the personalities of the 5-0 team and the differences among them.
    Ellen and bee stung lips like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I very much enjoyed last night's episode. I'm generally not a big fan of Aisha, but I thought this was a fun format and that it accurately portrayed how invasive these talk shows are and how they feel justified in going where they don't belong. It also brought a little light-heartedness to a very dark story line. I also liked how it featured the personalities of the 5-0 team and the differences among them.
    Same here. I'm not a big Aisha fan either but I thought she fit the role very well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

It wasn't bad. The story & action were good, but I didn't care for the format either. It had a bit of a self-important air to it. I wouldn't have minded the talk show gal being there & in the middle of the story, but the 3rd party filming bit was irritating.

It kind of reminded me of those episodes of MASH where they had news people interviewing the doctors, & presented it like a news show. I hated those. It was like they were doing way too much self back patting of how important a silly TV show was.

I got the same feeling last night.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread