+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: Hawaii 5-0 remake

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Hawaii 5-0 remake

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    If you're talking about the Longboard Lager, I agree -- with the exception of hot, humid days (perfect for those!).
    You might want to try their other varieties, which are mo' strongah, mo' bettah'!
    Yes, it was the Longboard Lager. The clerk laughed when I told her why I was looking for it. They did have one other variety by the same brewer. I think next time I'm in the shop, I'll make my own six pack and include whatever one it was. I guess it would be good for summer days, being so light, but right now we are dealing with FRIGID and we are about 5 months away from humid.
    Ellen likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Kona Brewing Co. has much better varieties (IMO) than the Longboard Lager. Check out the link:
    Our Beers | Kona Brewing Company
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Me, neither (Subway), but then I don't eat "hero" type sandwiches generally. But if you were a beer drinker I can see being curious enough to try Longboard.
    I do like beer.. but I am very picky about it.. Harp, Bass, Great Lakes, and stouts are my main picks.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, if we doing show appropriate beers, I'm waiting for The Big Bang Theory to showcase Terminal Gravity (science geek joke). It's from an eastern Oregon microbrewery, but has had a fair amount of play on the west coast, and my beer drinking son who's quite fussy about his beer loves it.

Anyway, back to the show, I must admit if I were visiting Hawaii and had time I'd be tempted to visit some of the places they mention. And I might even try the beer, although I'm more of a wine drinker myself.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

If I ever get to Hawaii, one of the things I will look for is Leonard's Malasadamobile. That's a food truck specializing in doughnuts. Mark Dacascos (aka Wo Fat, aka Chairman from Iron Chef) featured them on a segment of The Best Thing I Ever Ate.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Well, if we doing show appropriate beers, I'm waiting for The Big Bang Theory to showcase Terminal Gravity (science geek joke). It's from an eastern Oregon microbrewery, but has had a fair amount of play on the west coast, and my beer drinking son who's quite fussy about his beer loves it.

Anyway, back to the show, I must admit if I were visiting Hawaii and had time I'd be tempted to visit some of the places they mention. And I might even try the beer, although I'm more of a wine drinker myself.
    Oh, for wine you have to go to Maui: Home - Maui's Winery at Ulupalakua Ranch
    Luckily, it's easy to find Tedeschi wines in any Cost Plus World Market and a bunch of other places around here.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Loved the remake of "Hookman". Great show and it was good to see Peter Weller. He plays such a creepy villian. I love that Kono fired the shot that finally got him in the end. I love when our girl gets to be the badass.

The last scene when Steve "saw" his father and the other two fallen officers and they shook his hand and thanked him for his service made me all teary-eyed. Lately a lot of the endings of the show have been tear-jerkers.

What of Doris and Mary McGarrett? Haven't seen them in a while and with Wo Fat back in the picture, I can only assume Doris will be popping up again soon.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I think we see Steve's mother again in the next episode. I thought I saw her in the preview.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Loved the remake of "Hookman". Great show and it was good to see Peter Weller. He plays such a creepy villian. I love that Kono fired the shot that finally got him in the end. I love when our girl gets to be the badass.

The last scene when Steve "saw" his father and the other two fallen officers and they shook his hand and thanked him for his service made me all teary-eyed. Lately a lot of the endings of the show have been tear-jerkers.

What of Doris and Mary McGarrett? Haven't seen them in a while and with Wo Fat back in the picture, I can only assume Doris will be popping up again soon.

I loved the remake too ... but the original didn't air here as promised.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think it aired on some other channel...one of those cable ones or something....I remember thinking well, pooh, I can't watch it then.

+ Reply to Thread