+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: Hawaii 5-0 remake

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Hawaii 5-0 remake

Omg just how AWESOME was last nights episode????? This show has been off the chain so far this season. Last night was jam packed with action, not to mention that touching scene between Mary and Doris at the end... I teared up watching it.

And just how badass was our girl Kono kicking copious amounts of ass last night?? And Steve on the truck scene...MAJOR badassery.

Can't wait to see what's in store for us next week.
    Florimel likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Re: Hawaii 5-0 remake

I'm one who rarely likes updated old shows, but this one is the exception to my rule. It follows my need for good stories, great ensemble cast, and a mix of drama and humor as the required ingredients for something I consistently want to watch.
    Ellen and bee stung lips like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I'm one who rarely likes updated old shows, but this one is the exception to my rule. It follows my need for good stories, great ensemble cast, and a mix of drama and humor as the required ingredients for something I consistently want to watch.
    I know exactly what you mean. When I originally heard they were remaking this show a couple of years ago, I rolled my eyes, thinking how lame it would be, and how much I hate retreads of old shows. I finally decided to give it chance at the beginning of this year and started watching it and I've been watching every since. I love how they weave the character's personal lives into the drama...just makes it that much more enjoyable for me. I agree about the mix of drama and humor...I mean just how hilarious are some of the bickering scenes between Danno and Steve? lol
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    ...and hot men. And a bromance that sounds like my hubby and me when we bicker!
    Florimel and bee stung lips like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Christine Lahti can leave anytime now.....I do not buy her as Steve's mom and her tight mouth and facial expressions drive me batty.

And I'm just the opposite. I'm enjoying her on the show...and I like the slow build with her character. And I like the layer that she adds to McGarrett's character.

Same thing goes for Catherine...I like the aspect of McGarrett that she brings also. I'm salivating for them to go a little hot and heavier together...they're still just a little too casual with each other for my tastes. But hopefully by the end of the season they'll be more solid together. I really liked the way they featured both Catherine and Doris together in a sub-plot all their own without any involvement from McGarrett and the Five-0 team. I think it really helped establish both their characters and helps weave them into the show even more.

I am loving this season so far...it's been awesome!
    Ellen and TripleGemini like this.

Catherine made a mistake by promising Doris that she wouldn't tell Steve. There's something fishy with Doris. I'm just not buying this story line and it's kinda ruining the show for me.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I was thinking that as well (mistake!). If you keep secrets from your sweetie, even with his mom, even to protect him in some way, it doesn't end well, at least not on TV!

Just got around to watching this episode.
    Rena Sofer found her niche with playing crazy...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Hawaii 5-0 remake

Actually it was Vanessa Marcil, aka as the former Brenda Jax from GH back in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread