+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Hawaii 5-0 remake

Re: Hawaii 5-0 remake

As someone who remembers the days before every show felt they had to end a seson with a cliffhanger (who shot J.R.) was the first, I think, I nevertheless found this episode to be amazingly good. It definitely left me eager to see more. I admit I loved seeing three former Losties (Terry O'Quinn, Daniel Dae Kim, and Reiko Aylesworth) together again. I thought they might recruit Terry's character as the new chief, but he's doing the new 666 Park Avenue show, which I plan to see, and which I did not know was from a book series. I'll have to look for the books, too. Sounds like great fun.

I'lll spoiler this next for anyone who hasn't watch it yet, but I really feel that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Chen made the right choice. I think Kono will survive. She was a champion surfer and can likely hold her breath for a long time while she works her way out of the restraints. Can't tell about Chen's wife; she's a recurring character after all and could be killed off.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I'm tired of Wo Fat in this show. I'm tired of Red John in Mentalist. I'm pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Hein View Post
    I'm tired of Wo Fat in this show. I'm tired of Red John in Mentalist. I'm pathetic.
    I don't think you are pathetic at all! If I never hear or see another thing about Red John it will be too soon!
    mom2 likes this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

I agree about Red John. Enough is more than sufficient and its way past time to wrap it up.

Kind of disagree about Wo Fat though because I was a fan of the original series. Wo Fat was an iconic figure, just like McGarrett, Chen, and Dano, even Kono, so it's good to see the lore intact for me..
    Ellen and FireWoman like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I read an interview with the show's producer on the Hawaii 5-0 Undercover website and he said the fans will be surprised to see what happens with Wo Fat in season 3. Can't imagine what that will be...Wo Fat reforms and becomes one of the good guys, maybe???? I don't mind the Wo Fat character at all. I like that he's the nemesis of the 5-0 team, most specifically Steve.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I just keep expecting Wo Fat to say...............Ala cuisine! hee hee hee.... Can't wait till next season. I would love to see where the relationship between the cousin (I forget her name) and the reformed son of the criminal. (Again, I'm bad with names)
    mom2 likes this.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    I just keep expecting Wo Fat to say...............Ala cuisine! hee hee hee.... Can't wait till next season. I would love to see where the relationship between the cousin (I forget her name) and the reformed son of the criminal. (Again, I'm bad with names)
    Cousin = Kono

Reformed son = Adam

Regarding the actor who plays Wo Fat, Mark DeCoscos (or something like that), I religiously watched him on Iron Chef America. I look at him on 5-0 and laugh when I think of him yelling out "A la cuisine!" I always thought he was yelling "Iron cuisine!" lol

Actallly, it's "Allez cuisine," which roughly mean, "Go, cook!" or "Go kitchen"
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Actallly, it's "Allez cuisine," which roughly mean, "Go, cook!" or "Go kitchen"
    I guess I was TOTALLY wrong then...lol. Thanks for clearing that up.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Mark Dacascos (Wo Fat and Iron Chef Chairman) was in an episode of CSI (back when Grissom was still around). He played a very soft-spoken, very calm monk. Although I've never seen it myself, I've heard other chefs say that he has quite a sense of humor. Sounds like he is a very well rounded individual.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread