+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Event

Re: The Event

There is another episode next Monday, but nothing listed for the following week. Is next Monday the last episode? :-(

I don't think so. I just found out that they are going to be filming today & tomorrow at the mall near me. As luck would have it, I'll be there for lunch today! I read they are filming a gun battle on the roof, should be interesting to see who is involved.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

The season finale is supposed to be May 23rd, not sure how many episodes will air between now and then?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I've missed some episodes...no doubt somewhere on the pile of tapes I've got... can someone remind me what happened to Jason Ritter's girlfriend/fiancee? At one point she'd been kidnapped and he was trying to rescue her...and now he keeps saying he's lost everything, so I"m guessing she's dead?
    Looks as if Simon may be off the show...too bad, definite eye candy.
    Anyone wonder if the First Lady is a sleeper? I'm wondering if the head spy guy is....he seems to not be happy about the blood tests either...but then would he be so keen on exposing Simon? Or did he get trapped into that? Or he's one of the "sentinels"? I have a feeling I missed some crucial shows....
    I don't see how the "aliens" could ever expect to bring 2 billion people here without a pitched battle, so I think this confrontation, which seems to be coming from a series of misunderstandings between the two leaders, was inevitable.

Jason Ritter's girlfriend is not dead. She is very much alive and is with Sophia and her dad (Michael). She and Jason's character discovered that her dad was not human while they were looking for the sister. They found the sister and reunited with the dad. When she was reunited with her Dad, Jason's character left in the middle of the night and went looking for the old guy who seems to know everything (Dempsey I think is his name).

Hope that helps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Jason Ritter's girlfriend is not dead. She is very much alive and is with Sophia and her dad (Michael). She and Jason's character discovered that her dad was not human while they were looking for the sister. They found the sister and reunited with the dad. When she was reunited with her Dad, Jason's character left in the middle of the night and went looking for the old guy who seems to know everything (Dempsey I think is his name).

Hope that helps!
    Thanks, very much---I thought that looked like her (the half human daughter), but could no longer remember what she or her dad had looked like. So then why is Jason saying he has "lost everything"?
    Also, small point, but didn't only one of the 2 daughters go to the church? The younger one stayed home... alone? And was left behind in the big escape?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    So then why is Jason saying he has "lost everything"?
    Also, small point, but didn't only one of the 2 daughters go to the church? The younger one stayed home... alone? And was left behind in the big escape?
    I think Jason's character feels like he's lost everything because he can't see Leila anymore, she chose her family & he doesn't have any family.

The younger sister stayed at a house with Andrea from the original 90210, who is looking very old. The girls & their dad went there to stay with the couple. Leila should have stayed there with andrea & her sister, but she heard Andrea's husband talking to her dad about a meeting (at the church) & she snuck off to go to the church too. So, I think we can assume that there are other "aliens" or half-breeds in the World.

BTW, when I was at the mall last week, I didn't see any filming.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat View Post
    I think Jason's character feels like he's lost everything because he can't see Leila anymore, she chose her family & he doesn't have any family.

The younger sister stayed at a house with Andrea from the original 90210, who is looking very old. The girls & their dad went there to stay with the couple. Leila should have stayed there with andrea & her sister, but she heard Andrea's husband talking to her dad about a meeting (at the church) & she snuck off to go to the church too. So, I think we can assume that there are other "aliens" or half-breeds in the World.

BTW, when I was at the mall last week, I didn't see any filming.
    Thanks for the extra info...and bummer about the mall filiming (or lack there of!).

Jason lost more than Leila. He's on the run from the law. He has nowhere to go.

I think the preview said 4 more episodes.

Resurrecting the 1918 "Spanish" flu as a weapon of mass destruction is silly. Unless there is something really special about the viral strain in that corpse, the Spanish flu did not kill nearly that fast or efficiently, and the concern is breathing it, not a scratch. So I'm disappointed with this story line, except that I wonder what the tie-in is with the aliens. Were they around then? The doctor knew the seriousness of it, so why didn't he take more basic precautions against..the flu??

Is the First Lady ruled out as a mole suspect? If so, does that mean no other suspects, or was that Simon

+ Reply to Thread