+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Event

Re: The Event

The ending was totally creepy & not what I thought would happen!!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Will Sean still love Leila now that he has to suspect she's half alien???

And more importantly, when do new episodes resume?

If I remember correctly, new episodes won't be back till late February. Partly because it wasn't the ratings winner that they thought it would be.

Since there isn't much on but re-runs the past two weeks I've been watching this on demand. I am on the 2nd to the last episode of what has been aired on tv.

Why is the boyfriend so important to the super rich powerful guy who has the VP and others doing his bidding? Why do they want him dead so badly?

I get the story with the girlfriend and her family. Dad saw stuff he shouldn't have so they wanted to have him dead along with the president for wanting the aliens to be released.

Is it just me or do they keep rewinding in episodes to show what happens before the implosion, Agent Lee getting hurt, etc. It seems like they could just explain everything in one or two episodes instead of going back and forth. This last episode I watched last night showed Sophia going into the building with Thomas, Agent Lee staying behind and getting hurt but didn't the 1st or 2nd episode have him in the hospital being cleared as the "mole" because they found the other agent in the trunk of the car with the isotope (sp?) on his hands?

My brain hurts now...
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4132797;
    I am on the 2nd to the last episode
    That's your problem right there. Enjoy the last episode. It will answer some of your questions in ways you never would have imagined.

I'm on the fence as to whether or not I continue watching when the show returns. Just can't make up my mind.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm seeing ads that this will be back on Monday. I like the tagline---they aren't taking over the Earth, they are taking it BACK! Nice twist on the alien theme.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I'm seeing ads that this will be back on Monday. I like the tagline---they aren't taking over the Earth, they are taking it BACK! Nice twist on the alien theme.
    Oh boy - I totally forgot about this show - I'd assumed it was already canceled. This is why they shouldn't go on hiatus for months at a time. Thanks for the heads up!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Oh boy - I totally forgot about this show - I'd assumed it was already canceled. This is why they shouldn't go on hiatus for months at a time. Thanks for the heads up!
    Yeah, I'd assumed it was cancelled as well, and had also forgotten it; figured I wasn't alone so went looking for the thread. I'd forgotten the younger Ritter was on it....had just seen him on Parenthood playing some kind of English teacher. He looks way cuter on Event without the wimpy mini beard.

Well shoot, it's up against House Monday, for the two hour revival. Then seems to switch to a later time slot the following week.

+ Reply to Thread