+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Event

Re: The Event

Quote Originally Posted by lilcountriegal;4075359;
    My biggest fear is I'll get hooked on it and they'll cancel like that other show (name escaping me..... nuclear war, wiped pretty much everyone out except one town... the guy who played in Scream....). In any event... I'm in it for the long run.
    Jericho. I completely agree. The last thing I want to happen is to really like the show and then have it be gone. I think that the fans bringing Jericho back was a one time thing. Hopefully The Event won't go away anytime soon, I'm enjoying it way too much!

Quote Originally Posted by Smeds1980;4077317;
    Jericho. I completely agree. The last thing I want to happen is to really like the show and then have it be gone. I think that the fans bringing Jericho back was a one time thing. Hopefully The Event won't go away anytime soon, I'm enjoying it way too much!
    JERICHO! thank you! that was driving me NUTS. I really liked that one and was surprised to see it go.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

At least Jericho hung around long enough to get a good ending. That was one of my fav's also.

Here's my recap for this week.... I think this is my last unless you all think it is still confusing... It seems to me as though it is clearer now, and we know who the good guys and bad guys are, more or less. We still don't know how Sean found out about what was going to happen with the plane, so there are a few unaccounted for hours I think, but otherwise the flashbacks are brief and just to make a specific point.

Sean’s story for the week
    Opening scene---Sean putting bandages on an injured woman (an FBI agent who was in a car with him last week).
    Flashback 2 hours earlier, to scene with cops just short of plane crash site where a blockade blocks them, supposedly due to a toxic spill. As cops start to turn around their car is t-boned by a camper, killing the camper driver and the blockade cop, and the male cop in the car. Jason squirms out and gets handcuff key, rescues female cop.
    He throws her in sheriff’s car along with a brief case. Takes her to a motel. Handcuffs her. And back to start… where he is trying to convince her to help when she wakes up. He’s downloaded a picture of thevwoman from the ship to her computer, but she says you can‘t use FBI facial recognition software except in Yuma office. She won’t help him. He leaves room and she gets her phone and calls for help, which he overhears. Cops come, but Sean is gone. Female agent and new partner go back to main office. She tells partner what Sean said. Sean pops out of the cops’ trunk… so is now back in Yuma office. Female cop hears announcement on TV about Brazilian “crash”…says Sean told her about the plane crash hours earlier, so not his fantasy. He’s trying to break into the system. Female cop realizes her computer is missing and they discover him just as he breaks into system and gets the boat woman’s identity…but then at least half a dozen other identities pop up for her face. He’s arrested, pleading with them to help, that that woman has his fiancée.
    Female agent figures out that ship woman was an intelligence trainee. Just then bad guys come to pick up Sean. Big shoot out when Yuma cops figure out those are bad guys. Lots of good cops killed and bad cops but Sean and female agent survive along with at least one bad guy who chases them out to garage where they escape in a bad guy’s car.

White House/President/aliens’ story for the week
    White House bad guy talking to VP. VP suspects cause of “incident” was that Pres. was about to announce the aliens’ existence. Vice Pres. Javis wonders if bad guy is really looking into it.
    Pres. seen being shown crash site and told will be a fake crash site in Brazil jungle with bodies put there.
    Agent Lee (alien sleeper) says victims at the crash were running from specific threat. Bad guys want the Pres. to sign off on torturing Sophia for info. He says no. Pres. talks to Sophia. He says her “friends” killed all the passengers. She won’t talk, says it wasn’t supposed to be like this. Pres. says, well, one of your people will, when offered chance to live free. And one does (or seems to)—William.
    Sophia and Agent Lee talk—have a 4 min. window when no one will overhear. They know William is about to squeal but hasn’t yet as they are still alive. Lee and Sophia know Thomas (leader of escapees from 1944 crash) killed the passengers. Sophia says Lee will have to deal with “him” harshly.
    William brought to DC where he meets with WH bad guy. He wants protection, money, warm climate, and for his girlfriend Maya to come, too. Promises to tell them secret agenda of aliens and how to stop them. Flashback to plane crash in Alaska in 1944. William can’t go with escapees as he’s injured. Girlfriend Maya decides to stay with him and not escape. President agrees to let Maya come. Maya arrives, but doesn’t seem so thrilled with deal William made. She stabs him with a plastic knife—presumably to protect other aliens—not clear if is at specific order of Agent Lee and Sophia or not.
    WH bad guy can hear on flight recorder from crashed modern plane that Sean knows about planned crash . Figures out who Sean is, learns cops have him in Yuma, that fiancée is missing. Orders a pick up (see above, that Sean escapes this).

Fiancee’s story this week.
    Fiancee tied up in back of van; woman from ship (presumably an alien) is driving, threatens fiancee so she’ll be quiet when cop pulls them over for a busted taillight. Cop wants to open trunk. She tries to bribe him and he declines, so she kills him and dumps the body in the van where his badge falls off. They wind up in a container port, and fiancée is locked in a container. Badge from dead cop falls to ground in a scuffle with ship woman so apparently fiancée had it; it looked as if ship woman (accidentally?) kicks it out of the container as she leaves. Fiancee hears a dog barking and yells. Ship woman comes in holds a gun to her head, but phone rings. Ship woman finds out Sean escaped, so they still need fiancée, who has been saying all along that Sean would never give up on her.

Cliffhanger for the week…
    Cut to hanger with the plane crash (modern) victims’ bodies, awaiting transport to Brazilian jungle where the bodies will be placed with faked plane wreckage. Soldier hears someone moaning, girl wakes up, soldier calls medic. Then others start to wake up. He calls for help.

The show was picked up for the full season yesterday.

I'm so glad it's getting a full season!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Good. I'm still frustrated with the number of flashbacks but I'm watching.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;4087759;
    Good. I'm still frustrated with the number of flashbacks but I'm watching.
    Me too! It's worse, far worse, than LOST was. I'm hoping they cut them down very soon.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

There are still two story lines playing out, though maybe they will truly intersect soon. I also continue to watch...glad it is continuing.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Anyone still watching?

Last night’s episode was pretty good and I am happy they are giving us answers as we go along but then adding more questions too.

I was a little confused with the ending last night with the little girl, it was a little freaky…

I'm still watching although I'm going to have to watch last night's On Demand. Our cable decided to go out right at 9.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

+ Reply to Thread