+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Event

Re: The Event

I'm annoyed.

i tried to catch the repeat because i missed it the first airing and the local station decided to air an infomercial after the football game.

instead of starting the damn show at 7pm, these people decided to air the infomercial in it's entirety and ate up like the first 24 minutes of The Event (started already in progress)

now i don't know what the hell is going on

terrific!

True confessions: I thought the younger girl was the girlfriend's daughter and her grandparents were babysitting her while she went on the cruise with Jason Ritter. I'm confused but intrigued. I'm hoping this next episode is good.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And I'm sure that's one confusion the writers hadn't even planned on, Mariner!

I saw something that said that they were replaying the first episode yet again just before the new one...but maybe on one of the lesser affiliated channels...very confusing. I'd check the main station for details, it might say.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;4070259;
    True confessions: I thought the younger girl was the girlfriend's daughter and her grandparents were babysitting her while she went on the cruise with Jason Ritter. I'm confused but intrigued. I'm hoping this next episode is good.
    I actually though the same thing, I don’t feel as bad knowing that I wasn’t the only one!! I think I will like the show, but that is what I thought about Flash Forward before that show took a nose dive in quality(even though I stayed with it till the end but it was a challenge)

i was born and raised in southern cali and know many cubans and they are hispanic.

as are puerto ricans.

hispanic encompasses quite a # of nationalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;4069435;
    Sorry but regardless of what WikiPedia states, when you live in Southern California, Hispanics and Cubans are vastly different. When I lived in NYC, Puerto Ricans and Hispanics and Cubans were also vastly different. But whatever, it's a TV show.

Okay, now I'm hooked. Did they really need to kill everyone from the plane other than Jason Ritter? Thomas is clearly evil. My SO thinks that the presidential assistant is also an alien. I'm not sure about that.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;4070259;
    I thought the exact same thing-lol! It was only until the mother started bossing the little girl around that I realized the girl was *her* daughter.

Anyway...I'm so intrigued by the show! So I think we can say for sure that these people aren't 'scientists'. And based on their killing all of the passengers, I'd say they're not angels. So I guess that leaves aliens...

Is anyone else thinking that Michael was also an alien?? And I'm wondering if HE killed the passengers so they couldn't be used as hostages or anything??

My reasoning for this is because the ground was shaking and the wind flapping again prior to the helicopters getting close enough to them. I assumed that another 'event' was about to happen. And from the way the guy holding Michael hostage spoke to him, I got the impression they knew each other... so could Michael have killed everyone after he got Jason Ritter (why can't I remember his name?) to run away??

One thing I wished they do is MOVE AWAY from planes crashing and being an integral part of the story. BTDT, choose something else! But the show IS unique and I like being given answers along the way.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I've recorded but not watched the show. Can someone please tell me how the new episode ended? It seems that my recorder cut off the last minute or 2. I'll probably re-record it when it repeats on Sat. TIA...
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;4071374;
    Did they really need to kill everyone from the plane other than Jason Ritter?
    Are they really dead??? I don't trust anyone.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

My first instinct was correct - Aliens!

Episode 2 ended with Sean in FBI custody accused of killing the cast-guy on the cruise ship. He and the agents are tooling down the Arizona highway when they run into a roadblock. The trooper tells them there was a toxic gas spell and they'll need to turn around and take an alternate route. Sean insists that the plane went down just over the rise and they should blow the roadblock, but the agents refuse. After they turn around, army vehicles show up and the alien CIA agent gets out of a vehicle to see one body on the ground by the plane - the Captain. He is called over to a short rise and when he reaches the top he sees all the passenger bodies laid out on the dessert floor. They tell him that all of them are dead.

Of course there is Sean, but he is now being thought a paranoid schoid with delusions. His is a side story that holds the truth of the plane, but there appears to be an insurrection within the group of Aliens who walked away from their own crash in 1944. Did the splinter group capture the plane to save the President or to save their own Leader (Laura Innes)? This episode gave some clarity, but raised more questions. Good job writers.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 09-28-2010 at 07:05 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread