+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: The Event

Re: The Event

I liked the series finale as much as any other episode. I wish all episodes would have been like that and then perhaps it may have stood a chance. There was enough closure though for me. Well for as much as one season/series can provide.

Oh NO! I didn't realize this was the series end. There are too many set-ups for next season, the planet hovering above the atmosphere being one of them. The Secret Service Agent (can't remember his name off the top) told Sean that he should study the scrolls because it is known that when the people return they will evolve and that is not something humans could cope with. Sophia saying that death by disease would be more humane than what the humans were about to face.

Will the people take ships to earth from the planet before it explodes. Also, if it explodes - as it looked close to doing - then it would obliterate earth anyway.

I loved the last scene with the President's wife holding her son close, gazing adoringly at the planet and saying, "Home."

There are just too many threads to pull this one together before it ends. I, too, hope SyFy (in the NBC family, I believe) picks it up.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-26-2011 at 03:24 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I was a bit confused by the whole planet being brought to Earth....how will they all get off the planet before it explodes? Will they send the planet back once the 2billion non-terrestrials are safely on Earth? Why couldn't everyone survive on the same planet co-existing? If they have the technology, couldn't they figure out a way to build high rise homes, manufacture foods quickly, etc? I'm a dork for even continuing to care huh?? lolol
    Yup, with donuts!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I admit the planet looks as if it is about to explode or something, but judging by the First Lady's sappy look as she said "Home" that's probably its normal look. I think the problem was their sun going nova or something...just bad for the planet to be in the way. I don't know why, if they brought the planet here, they couldn't just put into orbit around OUR sun.
    So you aren't the only dork out there!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    I wish Syfy would pick this show up so it could be seen to completion. I hate when there are more questions than answers.
    You must be psychic!

The Event NBC | Inside TV | EW.com
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

I so hope that happens as the show really had me hooked.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112