+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Event

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: The Event

Since this is cancelled I guess we should look at tonight's show as a finale (well, unless there's one next week, but most shows seem to be winding up this week).

Just so you don't miss it PWS, the finale is next week.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Just so you don't miss it PWS, the finale is next week.
    Thanks, yes, I hung around for the previews to check. I really think they need to do a 2 hour movie over the summer to wind this up....

One possibility....the hybrid girl could survive and they could use her antibodies to save most of the other humans if Sophia actually releases the bioweapon. They have a few weeks...

FORT Fanatic

Judging from the lack of posts here, I'm guessing I'm the only one left watching this ?

FORT Fanatic

It's too bad because, even though the writing wasn't the greatest- and the plots holes were huge in some cases-I still enjoyed the show each week and will miss it. It was different, far removed from all the CSI, NCIS, etc etc type shows on nowdays. It just seems like there's no audience for this type of program these days, every one seems to last a season ( I've lost count of how many now). I see ads for Spielbergs new one on TNT next month, but the ads haven't overwhelmed me. I'll give it a try, but I'm not expecting much.

One last note, did anyone catch the last words by Mrs. President ?? I KNEW she was one !!

Quote Originally Posted by waitforbigbro View Post
    One last note, did anyone catch the last words by Mrs. President ?? I KNEW she was one !!
    Yup! But it shows they really are capable of love. Makes Sean's devotion to his hybrid more believable to me. A major theme next season probably would have been species-ism.

Compared to, say, V which droned on and on until the last episode when they had to collapse several episodes worth of action into one, The Event was very fast-paced. I loved the show.

If Mrs. President was in fact one of them, why didn't she ever contact Sophia or any of her other people?
    Yup, with donuts!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think when you look up at a giant planet type thing hanging over your head and call it home you are pretty much clearly one of "them", so I think she's definitely one, but I've no idea why she wasn't in touch with Sophia. Sophia never seemed to know about her so far as we could see. She was certainly actively working against Sophia in terms of keeping her husband alive... I guess you could say she wasn't encouraging him to be "in charge", so maybe in that way she was working with Sophia.
    I was expecting that the hybrid girlfriend would turn out to be "carrying" the antidote or at least a potential vaccine in her hybrid blood, but I guess it won't be needed.
    So that was it, huh? What do you think that thing in the sky was?

I wish Syfy would pick this show up so it could be seen to completion. I hate when there are more questions than answers.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I wonder if the "event" was the extinction of the dinosaurs? They said releasing the toxin would have been a mercy killing...hmmm.

At the end when Mrs pres said Home, I almost yelled out, I knew it!!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

+ Reply to Thread