+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Event

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: The Event

I don't think the First Lady has been ruled out as a mole entirely; she was hiding something, but she confessed to the Pres. that it was that her famiy was not Cuban (who were legally political refugees at the time her family arrived in the US) but Dominican....or so I understood the story. So that is either true and she's human, or not, and it was a cover story. The Pres. was convinced. If she were a mole you'd think that Sophia would be contacting her, and we haven't seen that. Also, with her husband dead, if he is, she'll be powerless and useless. So my guess is, she's not a mole.
    If they have the goods on the VP from a previous assassination attempt why not use those? Puzzling.
    Can someone remind me who is next in line after the VP? Someone in the Senate? The Sec. of State? I once knew that whole list!
    Either they only need to kill 50 million (or more, after all, the world's population was smaller then, so maybe a % of the total is the way to go) to make room for their people, or they plan to make it even more virulent. I agree it's being presented as already more virulent than it was. I mean yes, it killed fairly quickly FOR A FLU in the 1900's, but it already is being presented as if it kills people before they can even leave the table, much less get to a bed.

The Speaker of the House is next in line after the VP. After that, I don't remember!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    The Speaker of the House is next in line after the VP. After that, I don't remember!
    What? It's not Alexander Haig?

I think the First Lady definitely isn't eliminated as a mole. That look on her face after she "confessed" was pretty sketchy.

I doubt the President is dead. I'm guessing someone is going to figure out how to save him. Maybe the Senator/Doctor?

And, yes, the Spanish flu storyline is highly disappointing so far.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Heard it got cancelled.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I hope they finish up the story so we can at least see what happens.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Heard it got cancelled.
    I haven't heard anything, but I wouldn't be surprised. I guess we'll know soon enough (two weeks till upfronts!).

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    Thanks! If they haven't made it clear who that is on the show I'm thinking either the President survives or the VP successfully takes over. Assuming the show runs long enough to find out....

At the end of the last episode, they said there were four more episodes. Hopefully, they will wrap up the story in those episodes.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    At the end of the last episode, they said there were four more episodes. Hopefully, they will wrap up the story in those episodes.
    well I never saw this show and truthfully I never knew about it..I probably would have watched if I had known it was supposed to be like LOST..can't ever get enough LOST...but since it appears that this will be it for the show..glad I didn't get involved in it after all
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

The show keeps getting better and better. If the begining of the show was like this I think it would have stuck around.

+ Reply to Thread