+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 44 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Boardwalk Empire on HBO

Is anyone else looking forward to this series on Sunday night?
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

YES..
    I love Steve Buscemi. He is such a great actor. He can be funny or downright scary. The series is being directed by Martin Scorsese so you know it will be intense. It is from the writers of the Sopranos, so it will be bloody, raunchy and riveting.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

The reviews have been nothing short of stellar:

Fall TV Preview: Boardwalk Empire Is ... - Google News

I'm totally pysched! It's history based, and it looks like my husband and I are going to be torn between Dexter and Boardwalk Empire in the time slot.

Just when we thought Sunday night TV was down the tubes
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I am totally watching this. I was hooked after the very first preview!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

It's already saved to my Netflix queue. I don't subscribe to pay channels, but will watch it as soon as it's available for rent.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4061040;
    Is anyone else looking forward to this series on Sunday night?
    Y-E-S!!!!!!!!! I can't wait! I love Steve Buscemi and I'm chomping at the bit! The art direction looks fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We've got a new show! Yahoo!!

old cow

I'm looking forward to it as well. Does it start this Sunday (the 19th) or the following (the 26th)?

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;4062158;
    I'm looking forward to it as well. Does it start this Sunday (the 19th) or the following (the 26th)?
    This Sunday, 9/19.

FORT Fogey

Is this going to be a series all season or a special mini-series over several Sundays?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4062246;
    Is this going to be a series all season or a special mini-series over several Sundays?
    “Boardwalk Empire,” on HBO, review : The New Yorker

The series, which will have twelve episodes this year, takes place at a moment of huge change—it’s the end of the war, the beginning of Prohibition, and women are about to gain the right to vote. We’re aware, as we watch the doings in “the world’s playground,” that still more change—the city’s death and its eventual renewal, if you want to call it that—waits far in the future, and we identify with the grabbiness with which people go after opportunity, with the melancholy that seems to suffuse the salt air, and with the jazzy tunes performed by the night-club orchestras.
    Fall TV Preview: Boardwalk Empire Is HBO at Its Finest - E! Online

You've heard of event films? Well, HBO's Boardwalk Empire is an event series. The pilot was directed by no less a figure than Martin Scorsese and cost a reported $20 million. Steve Buscemi stars as Nucky Thompson, the political boss who ran Atlantic City, N.J., during the Prohibition era and who turned it into an early 20th-century mecca of gin-soaked sin.

We've watched the first six episodes, and while the pilot didn't totally hook us, we were sold after the first few. This series may require a little patience.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 44 1234567891011 ... LastLast